Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/28/2005 12:12:21 PM EDT
Yes, I've done a thorough search.

I like the K-Var Bulgarian bayonet:

While this rifle has no collector value, I was thinking of getting an E.German AKM M-1972 Bayonet+Scabbard from Northridge here-->www.northridgeinc.com/bayonets.htm.

The current crop of Vector underfolders use Polish or Hungarian kits according to their website.  My AK has a slant brake.  

Does anyone know if the E. German AKM M-1972 will fit the Vector AK?  

At the Northridge site linked above they have 'E.German AK47 Early Bayonet'.  Will this fit the Vector?  I ask because they say those bayos are in new condition.

Should I just go with the Bulgarian bayo since I don't really care about the color matching?  People seem to think they are the best in quality, at least that's what I read during my search.  

Price isn't a factor since they are all within $5 of each other.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one for my Vector. You should at least buy one. They are that cool bakelite color and a great collection piece.

Oh and yes it fit on my Vector, kinda of snug be it, but it fit alright.

Hope this helps.

Jake.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes they have the black version of that bayonet in stock.

I have that exact bayonet that you pictured, and a Vector underfolder. It fits perfectly. I got a stock set from Robert in Poland (laukart) and the bayonet matches the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Go with the bulgy. Fits and looks great.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I will go with the Bulgy.  Like I said originally, I like the Bulgy and the rifle/bayo color contrast actually would look good.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top