Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/27/2005 5:36:36 PM EDT
Local hock-shop has a B-West AK on the shelf.

It's a pre-ban, definitely, as the serial number indicates an assembled rifle, not a stripped receiver like Denny was selling a while back.

It was assembled with a Type 56 parts kit, apparently.  Fixed stock, wood PG, with a folding spike bayonet that folds into recesses in the hand guard.

Dumb question, though - can someone provide me pictures of pinholes and what not on a Chinese receiver?

This thing looks odd, and I can't tell if it's just a goofy center support, or if there's actually a riveted closed 3rd hole.  I'm thinking it's just a goofy center support.

Provided it's all good, what are normal prices on this thing?  I know it probably suffers from a non-heat treated receiver.

Any of you ban-staters interested?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]

See the rivet just above and to the left of the mag release portion, of the trigger guard, and is closest to the hammer axis pin hole?  That is the naughty 3rd hole.

Or find the hammer pin hole and look to the left and slightly down.  The flat looking rivet you see covers the bad hole.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the rivit covering the naughty-hole legal?

I had thought "once drilled, always a machine gun"...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#3]
You are correct it is NOT legal to own, even if the hole is covered.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you very much for that pic, this story about Mak-90's with the rivet in the 3rd hole has always piqued my interest, and now i know what it actually looks like.

Im sure its not HIS Mak in the pic, just one he got online.

Edit: Ok this got me thinking, if they already drilled the receiver for the auto-sear, does that come before or after they stamp in the selector markings? So would have standard S and F, or would it have select fire markings?

I got curious, looking at the reveiver thinking, wow, thats a real Chinese AK-47, you cant really get any closer to one than that. If they already drilled the autosear hole, what else does it have?

Hmmm....Im probably ventureing into territory i shouldnt be asking about, but ive always wondered about these Mak's.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I took the pic off of this topic Here regarding the MAK.

Look to page 2 of the topic and that is where I 'borrowed' the picture from.  You can see that the offending receiver was delt a death blow using a hot wrench.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
That one used to be mine. I gas axed it because it/was considered a select fire AK.  Some other poor fellow is now in the" hot seat "cause he bought one at a fun show.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Which store is the gun in?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#8]
You know, Ive heard it 10,000 times and im sure its true about the go-fast hole being regarded as a machinegun, even if riveted - regardless of the internals. Does anyone actually have a BATF ruling on this? Im sure its the law, but I always like to look at the ruling itself.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top