Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:32:56 PM EDT
I want an AK74 so bad... Every since I got my first AK I have been addicted like a crack addict or  something.. I love my AR's but my AK's are something special too. I have been looking around I want a AK74 and a Krink to complete my AK obsession. The Arsenal SLR-105 is the only one I can afford right now. I have not been able to get any reviews on them. What do you guys think of it? I will want to upgrade it if I get it. Is it reliable, Is it well built etc? If not then whats wrong with it?

This one ...

Thanks-
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Jnewt has a deal going on these right now on the EE. I ordered one with the A1 mod and received it today and it looks and feels great. I'll be shooting it tomorrow and can give a better review of it then. There is also the Krink SEAK availible now. Check the tacked threads. I'm also in for one of those. Like you, I have turned to the "Dark Side".........And I'm lovin' it!!!!!!!

Tint
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
SLR 105 is the only "true" AK 74 available to us. It's as close as we'll get to a Russian AK-74.
It's built on a real Bulgarian receiver, that in itself is a big plus. Upgrade it how?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SLR 105 is the only "true" AK 74 available to us. It's as close as we'll get to a Russian AK-74.
It's built on a real Bulgarian receiver, that in itself is a big plus. Upgrade it how?

The only real "upgrade" would be the "R" for the railed version for a scope and the "A1" mod that adds a threaded FSB with a Bulgarian brake. Jnewt can hook you up on the EE.

Tint
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Good stuff. I'd want the brake and rail. The brake and FSB can be added later relatively easily, the optics rail would be tougher, so if you want both but cant afford both get the 105R and add the FSB later.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have to agree with that. The "R" version opens your options for the future without any hassle. The A1 Just adds the FSB and brake. Personally I oped for both - just because I got the 105R plus the A1 mod off the EE for less than the locals were selling the standard 105.

Tint
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top