Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:09:07 PM EDT
Don't know if you guys have noticed, but AK mags have been going up in price since the ban ended. I'd been seeing alot out there going from $15+. Having 3 AK's I realized that I don't have enough mags for all 3. I like to have at least 6 mags per gun with carry pouches.

Just recently received my order from these guys and gotta recommend then:

www.clearviewinvest.com/detail.asp?product_id=001-320

4 pack with case for $29.99 = $7.50 per mag (w/free mag pouch) is the best deal I've seen in awhile. I bought two 4 packs (total 8 mags) and a 2 six place over the shoulder mag pouches using their online order system.

They shipped the same day and emailed me UPS tracking. The mags are used. No rust on them but the edges on 4 out of the 8 mags I got were shinny with the paint worn off. Base plates and feed lip area were also shinny on those 4 mags. I haven't got a chance to test fire them yet but the springs looked good. The other 4 mags looked brand new.
This weekend, I plan on painting the 4 shinny ones and then trying them out at the range in the near future. Being these are of unkown Eastern European origin, I'd be really suprised if they didn't work.

The pouches are ok.
www.clearviewinvest.com/detail.asp?product_id=020-796

I have a better one that is set up the same but it cost more. The flaps that velcro close are not long enough to my tastes. They do close over the mag but have very little velcro to velco contact. They will do the job for my purposes (hand out) though. Also the material is pretty good, doesn't look like it will fall apart. What I do like about the pouches is that they almost swallow the mags. I have another pouch that leaves the mags hanging out when they might fall out.

Conclusion:
Mags are cheap $7.50, 1/2 looked new, 1/2 looked really used but had no rust.
Mag pouches were so so. Flaps too short for my liking. Material is very good and they swallow the mags.

Shipping for my order was $8.50. Pretty standard for UPS as I recall.

And no I don't work for Clearview but am always open for paid relocation!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The "Clearview AK mag deal"has been a Great source for mags for some time,a few years ago they were 24.95 a pack but still a good deal at 29.95.I have yet to get an AK mag,from them,that did'nt work.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have that exact same mag pouch that I bought from them a few years ago. It's not Eagle or anything even close but it's not bad. Pretty decent for going to the range or a "Grab and Go"-type scenario. Works pretty well with 30rd AR mags, too. The flaps on mine seemed to close the pouches pretty well, maybe the design has changed in the few years since I bought mine?

Bub
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That's cheaper than CenterfireSystems deal (which is the same stuff).
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Back before the ban ended I got a bunch of polish steel mags from AIM, that was the last good deal I saw before this.
I painted the mags matte black last Sunday, they look pretty good, however I might give them a coat of gloss black. The matte black has a rough texture.

They feel like what fingernails on a caulk board sound like.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I got 4 of them and I will not be buying anymore.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got 4 of them and I will not be buying anymore.

Good more for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Clearview investments sure made us wait on Jnewt's Group buy.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Back before the ban ended I got a bunch of polish steel mags from AIM, that was the last good deal I saw before this.
I painted the mags matte black last Sunday, they look pretty good, however I might give them a coat of gloss black. The matte black has a rough texture.

They feel like what fingernails on a caulk board sound like.  

I got some of those mags too.  Work great.  I liked them as is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't know why you say mags are going up.......I can buy new steel  7.62 mags at the local gun shows for 7 bucks ea. I bought 3 soviet marked 5.45 "plum" mags for 10 bucks ea. it all depends on where you buy them from.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't know why you say mags are going up.......I can buy new steel  7.62 mags at the local gun shows for 7 bucks ea. I bought 3 soviet marked 5.45 "plum" mags for 10 bucks ea. it all depends on where you buy them from.

Gun shows here have been gouging on mags forever. This is the best deal I've seen online for awhile.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top