Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:10:27 PM EDT
The other day at the range I tried to shoot my folding stocked Mac90 with the stock folded.  It is damn near impossible to hit anything.  The best I could do was hit a paper plate at ten meters.  Is there a right way to do this? Why the hell would anyone try to shoot a weapon like an AK with the stock folded how can you hit anything?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as i know its suposed to be shot with it unfolded. The folding option is for carrying purposes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny when I shoot my AK with the stock folded, I'm generally not aiming at anything.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried it a couple times and its really hard as hell to control it, or hit anything. So much for the brady idiots claim.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Were you shooting it from the hip?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
hint   hint  thats why they make lasers
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Were you shooting it from the hip?

I hope so!

With the stock folded, shooting from the hip is the only way to go!

w00t!

It's lots of fun but utterly useless, except for burning ammo.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]
That's why AK pistols make absolutly no sense to me.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That's why AK pistols make absolutly no sense to me.....

If you had a rear sling swivel on your AK pistol like I do it would make sense to you.  With the sling looped over my right shoulder I can push the pistol out in front of me and get a fairly decent cheek weld on the tight sling.  Don't knock it until you try it.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#9]
It takes a little practice but a few thousands rounds and you can do it. With my AK would fold the stock and couldn't hit nothing at a 100 yds.

Then started shooting the AK pistols from a bench and then started standing doing it. then started using the strap and it helped. Started moving away from the strap and just standing and shooting.

It took a while to build up the strenght to hold the pistol up and shoot a 30 rd. mag. aiming with each shot.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top