Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:10:00 AM EDT
There used to be a sticky Krinkfreak had posted on shipping firearms. Does anyone know where it is?   I need to ship a rilfe I sold to a FFL.  What is the best method?  USPS?  UPS FedX?  Thanks for any help.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:11:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I used UPS last time I shipped. Ran me around $30. I had to go to the distribution center though, the UPS Store will not accept rifles for shipment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
My FedEX place just wants to check if it's loaded and now that he knows me he just ships it right out no hassle at all ,so I'd have to go with the FED on this.....

ETA: The reason I went to FedEX in the first plaace is UPS got to uptight when I told them it was a gun, they told me I had to go to the distribution place and all that crap, way to much hassle for a crumpy sumbitch like myself...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks KF, I looked in the FAQ but obviously missed it.  So the way I read the regs I don't need any special form but may have to open the package to ensure the rifle is unloaded?  I would rather use USPS if possible.  Thanks for all the replies.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Rifles can be sent USPS...hell with UPS...there a bunch of losers. Fed-Ex next in line. You just cant ship pistols in the USPS.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I was reading through the pdf file KrinkFreak listed above and noticed of page 66, the first office for the ATF listed was in the World Trade Center.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Hummmmm...wonder how many of them died in the crash and collapse of the building???????.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top