Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 4:08:09 PM EDT
Does the sleeve(tubular part) in the right hand cornor go over the trigger pin...or the hammer pin?

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Through the trigger and disconnector.  Makes it somewhat easier to install the unit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a cheater-sleeve.

It's not meant to stay in the gun.

As TerryG3 said, place the disconnector into the trigger, slide that sleeve through (don't forget the disconnector spring).

When you place it in the receiver and feed the pin through, the sleeve should fall out - it's just used to help you keep the trigger and disconnector together long enough to pin it back together.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Well Damn, I didn't know it was supposed to come out. I left mine in and it works fine. Why would anyone need help with that menial task.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's not meant to stay in the gun.
When you place it in the receiver and feed the pin through, the sleeve should fall out

Please tell me your joking. I saw Copperfield live once and not even he is that good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
hes screwing with your head
1 theres no way to get it back out
2 the gun wont function without it

its is kinda a cheat tho it makes the fcg easyer to install
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
1 theres no way to get it back out
2 the gun wont function without it

its is kinda a cheat tho it makes the fcg easyer to install

Alright...now I'm confused.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
You use the hollow sleeve with the trigger, disconector and spring.  Assemble outside of the rifle.  Drop the assy into the receiver and then put the trigger pin into the axis hole throught the trigger assy.

This way, you don't have to fight the trigger, disconnector, spring, and axis pin all at the same time while you install them in the rifle.

Some FCGs do not use the sleeve and the axis pin fits without slop in the trigger and disconnector hole.   This type requires assy of the trigger, disconnector, and spring inside of the rifle.

On FCGs that use the sleve, you must use the sleve as the trigger and disconnector holes would be to large if you just used the axis pin.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Not mine. I was just hoping for his sake he didn't actually think that to be true.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:53:20 AM EDT
[#9]
why is it that the fcg wont function without the sleeve?
seems that it would cycle the same without it.

just took the g2 apart in the reciever i'm working on and took the sleve out, seems like it would.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:05:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
why is it that the fcg wont function without the sleeve?
seems that it would cycle the same without it.

just took the g2 apart in the reciever i'm working on and took the sleve out, seems like it would.

Holes in the fcg would be too large
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:08:49 AM EDT
[#11]
true, but it seems to work, albiet perhaps a bit more persnickity.
the hammer still pulls back and locks in, still slams forward when you pull the trigger..
the sleeve isn't very thick and doesn't seem to cause much wobble in the fcg.

edit : to emphasize how much of a pain getting that disconnector spring in is without the sleeve..
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
true, but it seems to work, albiet perhaps a bit more persnickity.
the hammer still pulls back and locks in, still slams forward when you pull the trigger..
the sleeve isn't very thick and doesn't seem to cause much wobble in the fcg.

edit : to emphasize how much of a pain getting that disconnector spring in is without the sleeve..

The G2 FCG is designed to be used with the sleeve.
Why the heck would you want to leave it out?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:54:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:00:41 AM EDT
[#14]
i'm not saying i dont want to use it, i do use it.
i'm simply trying to understand why it "wont work without it"
when it seems to just fine. it makes it easy as heck to install...but it seems to work.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Some guy posted a while ago that after about 100 rounds started having troubles with the trigger not wanting to release or some thing like that.  He had left out the sleeve in the FCG.

I also would think that it would give you an inconsistant trigger pull.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#16]
it is dangerous not to use the sleeve, without the sleeve the FCG will only work on rounds loaded by functioning the bolt carrier by hand and the trigger released, it won't fire the second round when it is chambered by gas operation and pulling the trigger, the disconnector will be too low and won't grab the hammer and let it sit with the sear, if you hold the trigger the hammer will follow the bolt...DANGEROUS

we went through all of this about three months ago, use the sleeve
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#17]
yeh. i do use it, i'm just curious about the hows and whys.

what is the difference between the bolt carrier being pushed back by gas and being pulled back by hand as far as the FCG is concerned? i mean, how does it tell?

not trying to be difficult, i just want to understand not only the why, but the how.
i really do appreciate the answers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Are you guys kidding me, or what?

I've got 8 different AK's - some with factory FCG's, and some with RSA FCG's - and NONE of them have a sleeve in the FCG.

Is this something unique to the G2 FCG's?  If so, that's screwed.

If the G2's require that sleeve, I'm sending these pieces of crap back and buying more RSA's.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I have single stack WASR10 (that I converted to double stack) that had the sleeve in the FCG.  I think the single stackers have all Romy parts and no US parts.  Of course, I had to trade out the parts to make it compliant. ;(
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#20]
The sleeve is the tits I tell ya...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Some  Commie FCG use the sleeve. I ordered some  AK FCG sets( Commie made ) from CDNN and they all came over sized pin holes. What was left out was the sleeve from the Commie sets. Commie countrys do use FCG with sleeves. Who and when they updated the design to take a sleeve is beyond me..... WarDawg

The Sleeve type is the shit................
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Use the sleeve or the G2 will not work right.  G2's are very good FCG when properly installed.  I'm very pleased with mine.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top