Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 7:15:45 AM EDT
Hey there guys and gals.

Got another AK question for the AK side of the block.

Is the trigger pin supposed to move with the pull of the trigger?

Yes, for some reason the pin that the trigger and sear mount on is turning within the reciever as you pull the trigger.  

I have since not shot the rifle untll this is resolved.  I can just see the trigger pin eating its way around the hole and making the rifle useless.  

Help, anyone.

Thanks

Buzz.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The trigger pin is retained with a wire.

There's a large recess in the pin where the "shepherd's hook" wire fits to hold the pin into the receiver.

When you say "turning", you mean the pin is spinning/rotating?

I think this happens with some of my AK's, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, i'v never observed this, but i'v never looked either. As long as it's not backing out of the hole, it's probably ok. If your receiver is not hardened, it probably will wear out the pin holes. I'd say that's 1 reason why them commies hardened the receiver.

OJF
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
the pin is made so it can turn but they dont
my guess is your fcg is mismatch or missing parts
older russian triggers will sometimes do this or a fcg that is missing the bushing
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the pin is made so it can turn but they dont
my guess is your fcg is mismatch or missing parts
older russian triggers will sometimes do this or a fcg that is missing the bushing

What bushing are you talking about?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Pin rotation is perfectly normal, and unavoidable.. The pins are not like a AR15s pins, they are not a tight fit in the receiver, and will move.. As long as your receiver pin holes have been heat treated, it will not cause a problem..
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I hope my reciever has been heat treated.  Its a 1993 vintage Norinco NHM-91.  

Maybe I'll  try to polish the pin to a fine luster and hopefully it will stop the pin rotation.  If not, I think a dab of superglue on the inside of the reciever by the sheppards hook may also work.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's a Norinco, it's one of the better (if not best) AK's out there - it's a 1.5mm thick fully heat treated receiver.

The pin rotation is absolutely nothing to be worried about - my NHM-91 and my MAK-90 both do it, and both have a few thousand rounds through them by me (and I bought them well used).

I don't know that you're going to hurt anything by polishing the pin or putting Loc-Tite in there, but I'd reccomend just leaving it alone.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont think super glueing anything in is a good idea. I have not noticed a rotating pin but then again never looked....Good eye on that one. I wouldn't worry about it, I've been shooting mine for almost 10 years and no reamed out holes here. If your worried about it I would change the trigger group.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
What kythri said..

Stop thinking AR for a moment, and just leave it alone.. Pin rotation in a AR could certainly cause problems, over time, in the relativley soft receiver material.. But on your AK it will not cause you any problems...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#10]
OK, OK....

I'll put down the superglue and back away from the workbench.  

I try not to worry over the pin.  I will learn to love the pin.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OK, OK....

Buzz.

That's it.  Try to think more like an uneducated peasant conscript.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK, OK....

Buzz.

That's it.  Try to think more like an uneducated peasant conscript.

Ummm.

If we don't change our ways........

that's exactly what we will become.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top