Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/22/2005 4:58:46 PM EDT
I have seen the parts kits out there, but sold before I could get one. If any knows where to get one please IM or email me. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't NK AK's just be ChiCom's???????WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
From my understanding they actually produced their own ak's and sks's. They come stamped with a circled star.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, come on. Don't show me that and not tell me where to get one. Actually My wife is korean and she might like that one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
If global ever gets my receiver done, I will show you what that kit looks like when its finished!  There were very few kits like the one above that came in.  Mine, the one above and maybe a few others were brand new when they were captured.  These still had the original cosmo in them when we found them in the pile.

Brick
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
If yall would keep your eyes open and email me if you run across another one I would greatly appreciate it. Can't wait to see it finished Brick.
Justin
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya, me too!  I know the guy who had that kit.  I believe he sold it for like $600.

Brick
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the boat is gone on these, especially with the barrel ban.

I got mine though..

I saw a total of two or three that were actually for sale..Sure others were handpicked out by locals at Hesse/Vulcan (importers) .I bought one (from Brick IIRC), the other was auctioned off on Gunbroker....  They were both brand new with dings on the stocks.

There were a few milled kits out there as well, but they looked pretty bad.

Once you get the kit, you have to find the accessories... They are rarer then the kits.. Managed to find the mag pouch, and sling.. Not cheap though.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Any other pics? Websites? I would hate to pay 600 but probably would.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Dont have any other pics.. Not sure what I paid for mine (it was allot more then normal)...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#12]
This is as close to a North Korean AK kit as I was able to get,

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought I that kit looked familier, that is the one that sold on gunbroker late last year, I think it sold for more than 600.00 ( although I could be wrong) I bid on an east german the same guy was selling but had to stop bidding once the bid was over 400.00 ( I know it sounds like alot for a german, but this one was matching # )  I also look forward to seeing a completed N. Korean.  good luck ............................Dave
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I need a N Korean trigger guard and rear sight plate. If anyone has one one they would part with let me know.
jithaca
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I thought I that kit looked familier, that is the one that sold on gunbroker late last year, I think it sold for more than 600.00 ( although I could be wrong) I bid on an east german the same guy was selling but had to stop bidding once the bid was over 400.00 ( I know it sounds like alot for a german, but this one was matching # )  I also look forward to seeing a completed N. Korean.  good luck ............................Dave

I think it was less then that.... Last I looked at it, it was $260.. I think I bought mine for $400, but could be mistaken..

For the other kits, the key was to get in early and ask for them.. Brad (guy selling them) was able to handpick me several matching matching E.German kits to choose from, one of two AMP69 kits, etc...

The guys that really lucked out were the locals that were able to handpick out all the good stuff.. Some of them got stuff like mint condition 1955 dated Russian AK-47 T3s, Iraqi kits, etc.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it was less then that.... Last I looked at it, it was $260.. I think I bought mine for $400, but could be mistaken..

For the other kits, the key was to get in early and ask for them.. Brad (guy selling them) was able to handpick me several matching matching E.German kits to choose from, one of two AMP69 kits, etc...

The guys that really lucked out were the locals that were able to handpick out all the good stuff.. Some of them got stuff like mint condition 1955 dated Russian AK-47 T3s, Iraqi kits, etc.

Someday we need to see the entire Stottman collection...  I think that would be pretty darn neat...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I was  the buyer of the  North Korean type 68 kit that was on Gunbroker last year.  The numbers stamped into the lower hand guard are 4242 so it might be the one in Templar's picture.  The price was right around $600.  If ya got any questions feel free to ask.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top