Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 10:51:22 AM EDT
This is just a heads up.  

If anyone needs a US made bulgy "soup can" flash hider, John Noveske makes them.  He is actually doing it for short barreled AR rifles and it is really helping the reliability of the 10.5 and less barrels.  I know that K-VAR has them right now, but one they are not US made and two their stock of the bulgy FH are not always reliable.  His website is:

www.jnrifleworks.com/

Just want to say that I do not work for him/them and I will not benefit from this post at all.  Just wanted to give everyone the heads up on a US made bulgy style soup can flash hider.  FYI - I have two on order for my AR pistols and one being custom made for my Vector V53 pistol.

[edit to make link hot]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the US-made Krink FHs are permanently welded to a 1/2x28 thread adapter for use on ARs, meaning that you couldn't use them on an actual Krink (24mm threads).

Noveske also carries the Bulgarian made FHs that have a removable thread adapter, but I think he just gets those from K-VAR...

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked to John today when placing an order and he said that he can make the hiders without the AR thread adapter welded in there leaving the 24x1.5 thread size/pitch.  Also, he no longer buys bulgy flash hiders b/c he says they are hard to get in quantity.  He now makes the flash hider from scratch which makes it a 100% US made bulgy soup can flash hider.  The only thing is you have to call if you want one in a different thread size since he only has the AR model on his website.  He said he could make one for my HK53 clone pistol.  How sweet is that!

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I talked to John today when placing an order and he said that he can make the hiders without the AR thread adapter welded in there leaving the 24x1.5 thread size/pitch.  

Cool; I didn't know he offered that as an option.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they real 4 peice flashiders or just milled to look like it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
colt - that is a very good question and I don't know the answer to that.  Does it need to be 4 piece to be effective?  If so, then he must do it in 4 pieces b/c the AR guys are creaming themselves over the way it projects the sound and blast forward (something us AK guys have known for years).  I have two on the way so when they get here, I will report back if they are indeed 4 piece.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I'm one of the ones creaming over it. It's a great device.  It is a multi piece design,
and I've been very happy with mine.

I have it on my 11.5" AR and it's made a world of difference.

You guys got any other goodies you've been keeping from us?  This one is amazing.    

Here are a couple of pics of it taken apart.  Mine has the welded in adapter but I'm told
you can get it without the adapter, and maybe even with an adapter for an FAL.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
today boosters, tomorrow THE WORLD!

one step at a time

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, I'm one of the ones creaming over it. It's a great device.  It is a multi piece design,

The darkiside is strong, all your ARs belong to us!!! Muwahaha!!

I think the looks sweet on the AR.. But, I am doubting this is built in the US, well other than the thread adapter.. The hider has to be real Bulgarian.. There is no comapny in the US that has been able to acuratley reproduce anything AK related..
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The darkiside is strong, all your ARs belong to us!!! Muwahaha!!

I think the looks sweet on the AR.. But, I am doubting this is built in the US, well other than the thread adapter.. The hider has to be real Bulgarian.. There is no comapny in the US that has been able to acuratley reproduce anything AK related..

I don't know about where it's built.  The guy claims he makes them here.  At least he refinishes
them because the name of his company is embedded in the finish.  I don't know if he's
making them or not.  It could be that he isn't since there is a thread adapter welded inside
the thing to fit an AR.  If he was making them you'd think he would machine it to fit an AR from
day one.  I dunno, but it works great.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#10]
" All your base are belong to us"
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Noveske makes them.  They arent bulgarian.  The new ones anyway.  Doing it to the original specs allows them to make adaptors to fit different thread sizes.  They work great.  Have one on my krink, and one on my AR.  He's posted here on some threads too, great guy.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Noveske makes them.  They arent bulgarian.  The new ones anyway.  Doing it to the original specs allows them to make adaptors to fit different thread sizes.  They work great.  Have one on my krink, and one on my AR.  He's posted here on some threads too, great guy.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/ViperEH/riflenew.jpg

Nice...  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
today boosters, tomorrow THE WORLD!
img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/deathray187/arsvd.jpg
one step at a time

youre sick.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone who knows post the thread size of the M92 Yugo krink (also right or left handed)?
I have Troy building mine as we speak, and I'd like to order one of these FH's so he can install it.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Alex - it won't fit.  The outside diameter of the yugo FSB is greater than the inside diameter of the bulgy/noveske FH.  It won't even slide over the fsb to begin threading.  That is the reason I sold my M92, just too many differences from an AKS-74U for me.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/ViperEH/riflenew.jpg

Nice rifle. Where do you shoot in Indy?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Alex - it won't fit.  The outside diameter of the yugo FSB is greater than the inside diameter of the bulgy/noveske FH.  It won't even slide over the fsb to begin threading.  That is the reason I sold my M92, just too many differences from an AKS-74U for me.

Damn!  Our only hope is something that Troy said when I I last spoke to him about my build. He said that he noticed alot of interest in that 4 pc. FH and was thinking of fiddling with it to make it more adaptable to different AK models.

If anyone can do it, the folks at Inrange can!

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Clippen,  I shoot during the week very occasionally at atterbury.  Due to work the last 2 years I'm doing good to shoot once every 4 months or so.  Its really pathetic.  Got some nice rifles though!  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top