Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:30:57 AM EDT
I would like to buy a real AK47 (semi) w/ a machined receiver. I'm talking about a gun that was fully made and assembled in a real AK factory. Can anyone give me a list of the guns that would fit this bill?

Note: I know about the Valmet M62 and Galil which have a milled receiver. I'm interested in a original pattern AK47 type weapon similar to the below (can be under-folder and w/o bayonet).

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The most common one is the PolyTech Legend AK47/S.  It is a ChiCom milled receiver made very closely to the Russian Type III pattern.  45 degree gas block, vented gas tube, rear sling swivel attached to receiver.

I have a fixed and an underfolder - they are great rifles!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:48:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:55:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.arsenalinc.com

Aren't these "Made in USA" copies?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.arsenalinc.com

Well, using that logic, only a Russian rifle would do. Since the previously mentioned rifle is just a 'Made in China' copy as well.

Troo-dat!!!
(and BTW, only a Russian AK *will* do!)

-C
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.arsenalinc.com

Well, using that logic, only a Russian rifle would do. Since the previously mentioned rifle is just a 'Made in China' copy as well.

Hardly! The real AK's built in real AK factories are required to pass strict military testing and design specs. Hundreds of thousands (even millions) are sold to governments all over the world. They are held to military standards never even approached by Bubba's AK factory in Alabama. AK's built in Bubba's factory are not held to any standards other how long he thinks he can get away with shoddy workmanship.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude, Arsenal Inc is hardly Bubbas AK factory.

Basically, since they couldn't import the rifles, they imported the tooling and technicians who built them for the Bulgarian military.

These are some of the best AK's in the world... you're missing out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Man, I hate it when you do that............just makes me want to go get more....anybody wanna buy a kidney????
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.arsenalinc.com

Hardly! The real AK's built in real AK factories are required to pass strict military testing and design specs. Hundreds of thousands (even millions) are sold to governments all over the world. They are held to military standards never even approached by Bubba's AK factory in Alabama. AK's built in Bubba's factory are not held to any standards other how long he thinks he can get away with shoddy workmanship.

you sire, are one igorant sonuvabich.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn Jnewt, you still have that rifle? That is pretty damn nice
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't the old Arsenals like the SA-93 that were imported in 1993 with a thumbhole stock be one made entirely in Bulgaria.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.arsenalinc.com

I dont think you really understand the game. "factory built" imported AK's are not military AK's, they are copies of military AK's. Look at the imported Romanian AK's, do you think they are held to strict standards...lol... But, to answear the question, unless you buy a preban Polytech (Chinese) or a Arsenal INC SLR rifle, your SOL on a "factory built" imported AK.

Here is an example of a "bubba built" milled AK.

www.newtonfirearms.com/main/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/295.jpg
www.newtonfirearms.com/main/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/299.jpg
www.newtonfirearms.com/main/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/300.jpg
www.newtonfirearms.com/main/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/301.jpg
www.newtonfirearms.com/main/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/302.jpg
www.newtonfirearms.com/main/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/298.jpg
www.newtonfirearms.com/main/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/297.jpg
www.newtonfirearms.com/main/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/296.jpg
www.newtonfirearms.com/main/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/303.jpg

Jnewt what's with the selector on the other side?

I thought only Tantals had those..Hmm...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Dont knock it till you try it.  Arsenal rifles are the best affordable quality NEW rifle out there. Sure, you could get a Polytech legend but I would rather throw it in the gun safe then shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Man, I hate it when you do that............just makes me want to go get more....anybody wanna buy a kidney????

+1, i'd sell my organs in milisecond for an SA M7
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, i'd sell my organs in milisecond for an SA M7

How much is a 23 year old lung going for? Perhaps a kidney.I dont smoke or drink....that much.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:54:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Polytech Legend $$$ ? Arsenal Inc. $$$ ? I have got a 93 import MAK 90 with a milled receiver. Got it a a local pawn shop for $225 out the door. Way less money than a Polytech Legend or an  Arsenal Inc. rifle. If your looking for a "fully made and assembled in a real AK factory" rifle, For the money, I don't think you can find any better rifle than a milled MAC 90.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:04:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Dont knock it till you try it.  Arsenal rifles are the best affordable quality NEW rifle out there. Sure, you could get a Polytech legend but I would rather throw it in the gun safe then shoot it.

Some of the Arsenal offering are the same price, or sometimes even more expensive then a Polytec Legend.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

They look pretty good. I read the company history of Arsenal and it appears they are the real deal.

Do the Arsenal milled guns have forged or cast fire control parts? Are the bores chromed? Are the bolt carriers forged or cast? Do they have a spring loaded or free-floating firing pin?

I saw that Arsenal has a Custom Shop. I am thinking about having them make a semi-auto copy of this Polish AK (Vet bring-back)that I sold (like an idiot) 20 years ago, and have regretted it ever since. It was beautiful and had a incredible high luster blued finish like you'd see on a old Winchester.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:41:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

They look pretty good. I read the company history of Arsenal and it appears they are the real deal.

Do the Arsenal milled guns have forged or cast fire control parts? Are the bores chromed? Are the bolt carriers forged or cast? Do they have a spring loaded or free-floating firing pin?

*Arsenal Inc is the licensed U.S. branch of the Arsenal Co of Bulgaria. This means that they are the only U.S. AK manufacturing firm to actually be licensed by true former Com Bloc AK factory. They are fully supported by the mother factory in Bulgaria, having access to all technical information (no reverse engineering).  

*They employ Bulgarian Factory trained technicians.

*The bores, chambers, gas chambers, and piston are chromed.

*The barrels are cold hammer forged on Steyr made or Steyr licensed machinery.

*Forged carriers.

*All of their SA M-5's were sent out with a spring loaded firing pin system, but their milled 7.62x39 caliber guns have been shipped with both spring loaded and free floating. Individual inspection of any SA series 7.62x39 caliber gun is the only way to be sure of which system it has. Their stated goal in their milled guns is to phase out the free floating firing pin in favor of their spring loaded system.

*Their SA series milled guns are phoshated and then top coated with a paint like black finish (similar to what they do with modern made Polish, Russian, and Bulgarian AK's).

*The fire control groups in SA series guns are CNC milled from steel forgings.

*The U.S. made SA series receiver is CNC milled from steel forgings using Bulgarian Specs in material, machining, and heat treating.

*Their U.S. made polymer stock sets are molded from the same German polymer that the Arsenal in Bulgaria uses to mold theirs. The lower handguard has the proper phosphated steel heat shield installed.

Hope this answers your questions
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*Arsenal Inc is the licensed U.S. branch of the Arsenal Co of Bulgaria. This means that they are the only U.S. AK manufacturing firm to actually be licensed by true former Com Bloc AK factory. They are fully supported by the mother factory in Bulgaria, having access to all technical information (no reverse engineering).  

*They employ Bulgarian Factory trained technicians.

*The bores, chambers, gas chambers, and piston are chromed.

*The barrels are cold hammer forged on Steyr made or Steyr licensed machinery.

*Forged carriers.

*All of their SA M-5's were sent out with a spring loaded firing pin system, but their milled 7.62x39 caliber guns have been shipped with both spring loaded and free floating. Individual inspection of any SA series 7.62x39 caliber gun is the only way to be sure of which system it has. Their stated goal in their milled guns is to phase out the free floating firing pin in favor of their spring loaded system.

*Their SA series milled guns are phoshated and then top coated with a paint like black finish (similar to what they do with modern made Polish, Russian, and Bulgarian AK's).

*The fire control groups in SA series guns are milled from steel forgings.

*The SA series receiver is milled from steel forgings.

*The polymer stock sets are molded from the same German polymer that the Arsenal in Bulgaria uses to mold theirs.

Hope this answers your questions

Yes it does. Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw that Arsenal has a Custom Shop. I am thinking about having them make a semi-auto copy of this Polish AK (Vet bring-back)that I sold (like an idiot) 20 years ago, and have regretted it ever since. It was beautiful and had a incredible high luster blued finish like you'd see on a old Winchester.

members.roadfly.com/agent7/guns/polish_ak.jpg

How much did you sell it for?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$6000 23 years ago. Today it would bring $30-$40K.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$6000 23 years ago. Today it would bring $30-$40K.

Ouch.  Did you bring it back?   Was it a VN bringback?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top