Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:22:10 PM EDT
Hey Fellas i am getting a WASR 10 and if i understand it correctly the only problem with the Wasr is the reciever, How hard would it be for me to get say a global reciever and swap them out??? What would a decent reciever run me??? Thanks Guys
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The only issue with the WASR reciever is the cosmetic issue of a lack of dimples.  Swapping out for a US reciever would be about pointless.

That said if you do intend on getting a rifle built on a Global reciever, you would do a LOT better with a Romanian kit.  The finish is better than the WASR's from what I've seen, and you would actually have to do less work to the kit than to the WASR to get a running rifle out of it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The biggest problem with the WASR recievers are the mag well being crudly dremeled out and having a lack luster finish. You may have too dremel the reciever  out a little more when you get it. As for switching out the receiver I wouldn't.

Correction: straight sites are problems with WASRs too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're going to do receiver work then why not just start from a kit and build it yourself???  I just got a WASR10 low cap from a dealer/friend and I love it.  Bump fires like a dream although with the low cap the best I can do is ten.  Gonna mill out the mag well in a few weeks AFTER I get my Saigia conversion done.  Really IMHO I would just get a WASR and do alot of work yourself its FUN.  If this is your first AK then ya cant go wrong with a WASR.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top