Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/16/2005 10:07:43 PM EDT
I have a set of RPK wood that I want to have refinished for my RPK build.  But I know my limitations I can work metal but I will destroy wood. I guess I have no touch for it.   The butstock is damn new looking but the fore arm is kinda lets just say darker.  I have seen some cool pics of you guys stuff finish in the old russian laminated style.  Any leads on who can do it?  I know I cant

Thanks Jim
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The man, the legend, Z-Recto .......I lost his email again but he's a member here and on Gunco.net if you do a search for him. His work is the best.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the email addy:  [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
With Brand new RPK wood selling from Interordnance for like $50, seems it would almost as cheap to buy a new set.

Zrecto does do a great job, and his prices are still reasonable.

I should have some RPK wood sets (just like IO) for sale soon, cheaper then IO and am working on getting modern black plastic sets as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a new set from I/O and then have Z-Recto work up a matching US grip.  That's my plan!  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
With Brand new RPK wood selling from Interordnance for like $50, seems it would almost as cheap to buy a new set.

I should have some RPK wood sets (just like IO) for sale soon, cheaper then IO and am working on getting modern black plastic sets as well.

Really...  Black plastic stocks...  Any chance of getting some folding RPK74 stocks?  That would be great...  (and then I can get rid of my crappy OOW receiver at the same time!)
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really...  Black plastic stocks...  Any chance of getting some folding RPK74 stocks?  That would be great...  (and then I can get rid of my crappy OOW receiver at the same time!)

Thats the ultimate goal; The Factory wont sell them right now, but the hope is if a relationship is developed then they might.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
New RPK stocksets in polymer, that would ROCK!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top