Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 8:11:26 PM EDT
What do you guys think about Armory USA's Polish Underfolder builds?  I saw one today at my local shop and liked the feel of it.  It's got a reverse-threaded barrel with slant brake, bayonet lug, and bayonet.

Price was $699.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the looks or if it will actually work???  Oh-and when it doesn't work, you can count on some great customer service!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an Armory USA underfolder with the 1.6mm receiver.
And it is one of the best AKs that I own.
And yes, it does function 100% with zero problems.

It turned out to be such a fine weapon (the underfolder) that I went out and purchased another Armory USA gun.  The SSR-85C.  UNfortunately the SSR-85 had lots of problems and I regret its purchase.

But I really like my Armory underfolder.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the SSR85C-2, and it's great.  I was just thinking of adding the underfolder to the stable.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#4]
My experience with their underfolder builds has been very poor.  Buying any complete rifle from them is a crap shoot at best.  As always YMMV.

Do yourself a favor and read through the posts below before giving your money away:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=73841

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=74281

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have the SSR85C-2, and it's great.  I was just thinking of adding the underfolder to the stable.  

Thats the one I wanted to get (SSR-85C-2) but I got the SSR-85C.  Its now working great, but I had to replace the fire control group, firing pin, recoil spring, add the "springs" for the wooden handguard furniture, and do alittle work on the cover and gas tube to keep them from rattling.

Now that everthing is fixed, I wonder if I could get $625.00 for it.  Because that is how much $ I have put into it.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
damn you guys are bringing me down, I just got back into the ak fetish, and to think that all this time I thought that they never had any funtioning problems.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top