Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:37:27 PM EDT
I just picked up my AKS-74 from my local gun shop that I ordered from atlantic firearms. Well here are the problems.
  - There is rust on the rear and front trunnion as well as the optic mount. How should I go about attacking this? Will oil work or atleast stop it from getting worse?
  -The worst is the rear sight has no spring tention on it at all and is just flaping in the wind. I easly removed the rear site and the metal peice that acts as a spring is as loose as a goose and slides forward and back. I pushed it forward and it seemed to be working but then couldnt put the rear sight back on and if I had I dont know if it would have stayed. How do I fix it?

What should I do?

ETA: I believe the rear sight was damaged when refinishing. By the way this rifle is awsome other than these few things.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
contact ORF, there is a documented problem with rust and they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
If that is an ORF gun you have NOTHING to worry about period!  Just a minor incovenience having them rework your rifle.  Contact Todd.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]

If that is an ORF gun you have NOTHING to worry about period! Just a minor incovenience having them rework your rifle. Contact Todd.

I'm sure they knew these were rusting before shipping them.

Edit: I was ust talkign about the finish rusting, and not the actual workmanship which seems to be pretty good at ORF.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Rust revisited

The pics in this thread are what mine looks like. Not to bad but in the long run id be worried about it and would rather just have them fix it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I don’t have any ORF weapons so no dog in the fight, sounds like ORF has you guys covered though. Just wondering if Todd can be more specific on the "new product" and "the bugs."

Any word on the RF5?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top