Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:21:35 PM EDT
Two weeks ago,I picked my Son-In-Law up at the Airport,in from Iraq,for his two week leave.He,my step Daughter and their two year old Son stayed with my Wife and I the first week and then they went and spent a few days with his Mom up in St. Louis.They came home last night and tomorrow morning I have to take him to the Airport for his return trip to Iraq.His Wife was lucky to get off of work for the better part of his leave and my Wife has to work tomorrow also,they're all tore up inside thinking that we should all see him off.They could'nt be more wrong,.....................I remember when it was me,as much as I loved being home,I was ready to get back to work when my leave was up without alot of emotional stuff following me to the door of the plane.He and I discussed this very thing today and you should have seen the look of relief on his face when I told him how I felt back then and that it would just be he and I going to the Airport tomorrow.I'll miss him..........................damn.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
we will all hope for his speedy and safe return to home soon.....hang in there Johno.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
we will all hope for his speedy and safe return to home soon.....hang in there Johno.

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
God will look out for him.

Thank him for his service.  It is a tough life out there.

Max
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Guys,this is his second tour in Iraq.You'd think we would be used to it.I've got him loaded down with a [disguised] bottle of Southern Comfort,a decent two point sling and a stack of phone cards.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Southern Comfort looks Alot like Listerine!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've got him loaded down with a [disguised] bottle of Southern Comfort,a decent two point sling and a stack of phone cards.

You wouldn't believe how many bottles of Scope I use to see at Al Udeid that turned out to be Vodka or Tequila with green food coloring...............

Best one was a guy whose father worked in the Listerine factory. He would factory seal bottles with Scotch in them.. Same color already.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've got him loaded down with a [disguised] bottle of Southern Comfort,a decent two point sling and a stack of phone cards.

You wouldn't believe how many bottles of Scope I use to see at Al Udeid that turned out to be Vodka or Tequila with green food coloring...............

Best one was a guy whose father worked in the Listerine factory. He would factory seal bottles with Scotch in them.. Same color already.

I'd rather drink Listerine
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He'll be home before you know it.  If he needs anything, you make sure you let us know.

KF

+1

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Two weeks ago,I picked my Son-In-Law up at the Airport,in from Iraq,for his two week leave.He,my step Daughter and their two year old Son stayed with my Wife and I the first week and then they went and spent a few days with his Mom up in St. Louis.They came home last night and tomorrow morning I have to take him to the Airport for his return trip to Iraq.His Wife was lucky to get off of work for the better part of his leave and my Wife has to work tomorrow also,they're all tore up inside thinking that we should all see him off.They could'nt be more wrong,.....................I remember when it was me,as much as I loved being home,I was ready to get back to work when my leave was up without alot of emotional stuff following me to the door of the plane.He and I discussed this very thing today and you should have seen the look of relief on his face when I told him how I felt back then and that it would just be he and I going to the Airport tomorrow.I'll miss him..........................damn.

Aint it something... it took a while for me to explain (months after I got out of the Army) that to my friends and family alot of guts because few people would really understand leaving thier family and friends with a stone face. It got to me that they wouldnt understand should I not come back but  In truth it was to get back in the game and for them not to be dwelling on me. You did your son-in-law one of the biggest favors you can do for a soldier ... your understanding. God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#13]
When it's time to put yer game face on...
When it's GO time and you need to get in the zone, family goodbye's sometime clutter yer mind..
I've found it better to just hug and say see you later..God bless the boys and girls over there..

A Grolsh raised in his honor .....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:52:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#16]
He and I left the house,this morning,at 9:10 we stopped at the local IHOP for breakfast and head out for the Chattanooga Airport,its just about a 25 minute trip and his flight was'nt scheduled to leave until 11:52.We get to the counter at 10:20 and find out the flight has been cancelled and the next flight would put him in Atlanta by 3:55,so after a few phone calls,I decide I can keep him on schedule by driving him from Chattanooga to Atlanta.We get to the ATL Airport at 12:30 and happen to run right into a couple other Guys from his unit on their way back also,shook hands exchanged grins and went our seperate ways.I'll hear from him when he gets to Kuwait,what a day.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top