Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 10:59:31 AM EDT
I am looking for Bakelite furniture. Any sources? I have a grip. What else is there, and where can I find it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#1]
kvar does sell individual parts of furniture, check. I saw a bakelitle upper handguards were still left.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#2]
NORTHRIDGE has a complete set of E.geman furniture........pistol grip, buttstock, upper and lower handguards for like 25 bucks or so
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
At the gun show yesterday, Global Trades had a bakelite upper and lower set, along w/a non-matching pistol grip. Price was $16.99.

Dang. I wish I was at that show yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
NORTHRIDGE has a complete set of E.geman furniture........pistol grip, buttstock, upper and lower handguards for like 25 bucks or so

I just ordered a set. I am interested to see what the condition will be.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Website for northridge?? Please
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
linky

Thanks man
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm interested in what I will look like too, please post how the condition is. For 25 bucks I will definately pick up a set.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The only thing that the stock set is better than is nothing. I bought a set for my bent blank project amd63. I would buy something else, the buttstock is hollow sounding and just plain ugly, the upper handguard is cheapy plastic and the bakelite lower is too skinny without the swell.
This whole gun is coming back apart, the 63 has a canted gas block that leaks and I am unhappy cosmetically with the bent blank. So it will live again someday..

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm interested in what I will look like too, please post how the condition is. For 25 bucks I will definately pick up a set.

Northridge is where I got my EG stock set.  Real nice condition, not NIW but they appear to be unissued.  Mine were AKM stocks rather than AK74, small sling loop & smooth buttplate instead of the large loop & ribbed buttplate.  I'd buy another set from them in a heartbeat if/when I get another AK.

Spray insulation expanding foam can be used to take some of the hollow feeling out of the stock.  Can't really do anything about the fugly though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#13]
NIW, the buttstocks come in packs of 3, the other stuff in packs of like 5.

For the buttstock, I have heard of people sanding them smooth, then painting or dieing them whatever color they want.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The only thing that the stock set is better than is nothing. I bought a set for my bent blank project amd63. I would buy something else, the buttstock is hollow sounding and just plain ugly, the upper handguard is cheapy plastic and the bakelite lower is too skinny without the swell.
This whole gun is coming back apart, the 63 has a canted gas block that leaks and I am unhappy cosmetically with the bent blank. So it will live again someday..

www.picyard.com/main/data/500/11Picture_002.jpg

Call me tacky, I like the look. I am looking forward to recieving the set. For $25 I can't say no.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Call me tacky, I like the look. I am looking forward to recieving the set. For $25 I can't say no.

"Tacky" would be the TAPCO furniture & it's ilk.  The EG stuff is fugly but's it's a proper "form follows function" communist fugly.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top