Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 9:18:56 PM EDT
OK, I bought a Russiam POSP today at the gun show. After shooting 30 rounds and still not being able to hit the paper, I had the gun smith at the range take a look at it. He tried to bore sight it but it was still 8" high when the elevation adjustment bottomed out on it.

Is there a way to reposition the knobs on this thing so that I can make more adjustments, or should I take this thing back?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Try to check if the scope rail of your gun is not straight? Not properly aligned with the barrel that is.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you loosen the two screws on the turret? That will allow you full range of elevation.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did you loosen the two screws on the turret? That will allow you full range of elevation.

No, I did not. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That is the correct answer.  Give the man a prize.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep just read the distructions LOL.
My POSP crosshairs are quite high when set at a hundred yards.
It's weird how the crosshairs moves in optics and does not stay centered.
Did you get the illuminated one and how much did it set you back.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yep just read the distructions LOL.

They're in Russian, and there are no diagrams.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top