Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/13/2005 1:29:52 PM EDT
Who makes the heaviest gauge, tightest fitting receiver covers for milled or stamped receivers?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
tight fit has little to do with the cover and much to do with the builder of the weapon.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, aside from shoddy builders, same question.  Which type has the potential to be the best fitting?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
any of them would have the ability to fit well, you just need to bend out the rear portion a bit to tighten it up if it is very loose.  

this is a bit of an odd question, are you looking at mounting optics to this cover or something?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I need the steadiest cover I can rig.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
get a side rail and mount optics to that.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a Galil cover, it's the only one that has any chance of working.

AK top covers are flimsy pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Buy a Galil cover, it's the only one that has any chance of working.

AK top covers are flimsy pieces of shit.

If you get a Galil cover you'll need the spring assembly as well. The rear tang on the back of the AK spring guide usually isn't long enough(in my experiments) and the Galil cover will sometimes pop off during rapid fire ...
Unless you do something like Krebs has done where the scope rail locks into the back of the rear sight block to prevent movement in the front of the cover it's not going to maintain zero and then it's "still" going to move. I just got through with two months of experimenting with this, ended up ruining a perfectly good, impossible to find Intrac rear sight block and said "screw it. So I just converted the rifle to a 104 look-a-like and it works fine ...

The bottom line is that topcovers were never meant to have an optics mount ...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top