Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2005 1:51:46 PM EDT
Just got my new Vector V-47 underfolder today ....my only other AK is an SAR-1 I got over a year ago, it's like comparing a Volkswagen to a Mercedes.

Anyways. I was wondering if anyone could help me find out what nationality the parts kit originally was. I don't think it's romanian, because 1) the barrel is not ribbed on the last 3 inches, 2) the takedown button thingy on the back of the dust cover is a lot different than my SAR-1's (it's kind of hard to describe, more of a rounded button with horizontal grooves), 3) the long guide rod thing inside the recoil spring is not two bent wires as on my SAR, but it consists of a small diameter cylinder inside a larger cylinder, 4) while my SAR has the cleaning rod holder/bayo lug on the same protrusion, the V-47 has a cleaning rod guide and a bayo log sepereatly, and finally 5) the markings are all different. The only reason I have to believe that it's Romanian is that there is that nail on both sides of the front bottom of the forward handugard. I'm assuming the parts are either Polish or East German.

Using the previous descriptions plus the following, can anyone tell me what 'heritage' my new acquisition really has?

- There are what seem to by Russian cryllic markings on the bolt, reciever, and other parts.
- On the front left side of the reciever (actually the part directly above it, but below the gas block), the following markings exist: [an oval with "11" inside it] "1977  PP11xxx"
- On the bolt carrier, left side, there's "[Russian cryllic(?) that looks like a squared, upside down 'U']P 13xx", with similar markings throughout rifle.

ALSO,

- The stock is *really* tight, some oil helped a little but it's still pretty hard to move. The stock button also gets stuck often and won't go in, has to be released and pushed in again to work.
- The top fron handguard is fairly loose.

Are both of these observations normal?

Many thanks for helping to cure my ignorance.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe you have a Polish PMKMS,congrats!

Here's my In Range built PMKMS.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top