Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 1:14:00 PM EDT
i just got my 2 kits. both of the slant brakes are not indexed right. they are both off about twenty degrees give or take a few. are yours the same? i will probably just take them off so i will have one less US part to install.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They are supposed to be indexed to the right.

Supposedly this compensates for human anatomy (shooting right handed) torquing under recoil.

I doubt it really does anything though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
it is supposed to be that way, and yes it helps with full auto fire.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I"m probably going to swap out the slant brake for a 74 style or 22mm rommie brake on my kit, looks nice and 922r part.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a "Slant" brake, it is supposed to be slanted to the side.  They would have called it a "straight up and down" brake otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I"m probably going to swap out the slant brake for a 74 style or 22mm rommie brake on my kit, looks nice and 922r part.

Ben

+1 on the 74 style brake...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:00:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a "brake" at all, really.

It's a "compensator" that helps negate the muzzle climb that occurs during full-auto fire.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's a "Slant" brake, it is supposed to be slanted to the side.  They would have called it a "straight up and down" brake otherwise.

Actually it is "canted" to the side. It slants from back to front. As far as marketing goes, calling it a "cant brake" would not be a good for sales.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top