Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2005 11:47:13 AM EDT
I like collapsable stocks, I like AK's.  I have some AK's I colelct and some I shoot.  The collectable's have all original furniture for obvious reasons.  They don't get shot much for those same reasons.  In terms of the shooter AK's, I couldn't give two flying f*cks wha tthey look like or what others think.  I just want to make them more chapperjoe-friendly and that means a collapsing stock.

Can I see which one's you've gone with and how?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
"Just stay out !" ... Is this an order or a request ? ... ...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I couldn't give two flying f*cks wha tthey look like or what others think.  

Then why ask us as you know how everyone here thinks

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Jeez, I didn't know the Darkside of AR15.com was becoming as full of useless crap and/or smiley replies as the rest of the place.  

Sorry Chapper, I don't own an AK at the moment.  I know that riflestocks.com and Tapco will have a couple of pics of AK's with M4 stocks.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I couldn't give two flying f*cks wha tthey look like or what others think.  

Then why ask us as you know how everyone here thinks

you having trouble reading?

Can I see which one's you've gone with and how?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Joe, I am new to AKs, but I don't think your request is out of order at all.

Gunboards are just dick magnets sometimes  

I hope someone will jump in here and help you out soon.

Good luck  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]
you know you are risking impotence and accelerated male pattern baldness by even considering building such an abomination  right?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
you know you are risking impotence and accelerated male pattern baldness by even considering building such an abomination  right?

Not to mention ultimately risking thousands of dollars on Ultimak bling and thermal imaging products for hunting dustbunnies in your bedroom.

Follow the road most taken on this one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Dick Magnet ? .... I'm in the wrong place ... That's for sure !!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#11]
nah I'm not going optics rail don't worry.  I have Eastern OptiKs for all my AK's, so I don' tneed the rail on top.  For now I'm just talkng abou the stock.  though I may pop on a lower rail system (probably ultimak since they make the long one), just for the ability to mount my QD harris, ARMS setup on it so I have one bipod for all my rifles......  Money and looks aren't the issue here folks.  comfort.  shootability.   period.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Here ya go, chapper.

OUT AND PROUD!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Dick Magnet ? .... I'm in the wrong place ... That's for sure !!

I said "sometimes"  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here ya go, chapper.

OUT AND PROUD!
mywebpages.comcast.net/shooter2_indy/graphics/saiga_bigmag.jpg

I am sorry.  If you like that then by all means you are indeed free to have it your way.  For me it's either this:

or this
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here ya go, chapper.

OUT AND PROUD!
mywebpages.comcast.net/shooter2_indy/graphics/saiga_bigmag.jpg

I like your pistol grip. Much better than a standard AK type. Is that a Galil type ??? While the AR buttstock might not work for some,it seems really paractical. A folded up AK in 7.62 isn't very pleasent to shoot IMO. I would much rather tuck a standard stock under my arm if I need to spray and pray. Keeps control of the rifle alot better than a folder type... I like the looks of a underfolder or side folder but always ened up shooting it extended..... Go figure... WD
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the pic.  that makes 1!  That's where I'm going.  nothing drastic, just more comfortable.  I'm a VLTOR or CRANE guy and and that third position works on ANY weapon for me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Guys, let's not shit on Chapper Joe's parade.  If you've got pics of AK's with telestocks, post 'em.  If you don't approve, feel free to snicker behind his back but not in his thread, OK?

(snicker )

Right, sorry.  I shall bang my head on the floor until forgiven.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I want to see an AK with a regular A2 stock on it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#20]
me too.  i dont think anyone is that wacked out!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I've seen a picture of one.  IIRC, it was on the packaging for one of the AR stock adapters for AKs. And to be honest, the full stock looked more natural on there than any of the collapsibles do...

I like your pistol grip. Much better than a standard AK type. Is that a Galil type ??? While the AR buttstock might not work for some,it seems really paractical.

It's the Galil grip from ACE; both my Saiga-12s wear 'em.  And yes, the M4 stock is all about practicality. The gun in the pic wore an ACE skeleton sidefolder for ONE range session. The felt recoil as transmitted through the metal strut to the shooter's face was nothing short of brutal. Since I'd had the internal stock adapter (ie "cut the dang tang") installed, my stock alternatives were somewhat limited. The M4 stock has worked out so well, I'm thinking about putting one on my other Saiga. And the look has grown on me; it seems to work with the whole "big black and ugly" theme.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

"wacked out"?!  I'm still working on the trunion mount...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Now see that's just sad....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#24]
thats like an AK stock on an AR
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

My brother was going to try to do it to his AK until I intervened ...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#26]
that's all?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top