Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:57:36 AM EDT
Do Kits come with FA FCG? Do I need to dispose of them when they are built to be proper?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#2]
On an AMD Pistol build, since you aren't dealing with 922r, can you modify the parts to semi?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
What about the bolt carrier it it FA also?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]
As long as you don't install them your OK?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
When it comes to AK type weapons, the ONLY thing the ATF cares about is if the auto-sear hole is drilled.......period.  Without the hole, the auto-sear cannot be installed and the "fullauto" parts operate as a semi.  There is nothing illegal about possessing or using these parts as is.

The reason M-16 parts are taboo in an AR is because there ARE ways to install an auto-sear without drilling or altering the receiver in any way.  Guys were dropping in a DIAS or a link and pulling them out in about 2 seconds.  There is no law against "consturctive possession".  This is just a term the prosecutor used to describe a guy caught with an AR with M-16 FCG and bolt installed and a DIAS in his pocket.  There is no such analogy in the AK world and thus the "full-auto" parts are fine to use.  If you don't believe me, ask them.  Or better yet, spend a couple of minutes on Google and you will find some of the gazillion letters from the ATF saying the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]
well what ever the final saying is i would say dont use the auto sear. and the FA trigger is useless in a SA gun unless you can make it hold the hammer down lower.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The reason M-16 parts are taboo in an AR is because there ARE ways to install an auto-sear without drilling or altering the receiver in any way.

An AR-15 rifle with M16 firecontrols but NO auto sear will still fire full-auto. I'm not that knowledgeable about AK-47 firecontrols, so I can't comment on whether or not they will do the same. But I can tell you that an AR-15 will. The hammer just won't be held back until bolt lockup, as this is the auto sear's job. It will follow the bolt carrier down and could result in a dangerous situation.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:35:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When it comes to AK type weapons, the ONLY thing the ATF cares about is if the auto-sear hole is drilled.......period....

That is incorrect, a slotted lower rail is also a big no-no.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:48:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#11]
On a Pistol build, you are not dealing with 922r, so I was wondering if you can use the existing parts rather than dropping $30 on a FCG
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
On a Pistol build, you are not dealing with 922r, so I was wondering if you can use the existing parts rather than dropping $30 on a FCG

As long as you neuter it by grinding the tail off the disconnecter, you can use them in a pistol build
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top