Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 2:14:22 AM EDT
Bulgy mags won't fit in GP WASR.    I don't want to start cutting into the receiver, since the metal mags fit fine.  Seems that there isn't enough room at the back of the magwell near the trigger guard.  

Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?  

Thanx
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty common problem w/WASR's.  You gotta decide what you want most - Do you want to be able to use any mag or have your mags snug and tight.

If you work the mag area so that the Bulg's fit, then your metal mags will probably rattle.  They will still work, but they will be annoying.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Just trim the bulgy mags slowly until they fit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just trim the bulgy mags slowly until they fit.

He is right  !!!

It's not the gun it's the mags, I had to sand my mags down on the sides also . All the waffle mags would NOT fit in my brand new sa-m7 , "they have a rep of fitting tight" now they fit good after I sanded them down, sand alittle at a time !!!

It's funny that the mag I got from k-var fits right in !!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, here's the sitrep.....
Used a Dremel to sand/ground down the mags and reae magwell.  Everything fits and is still tight.  Luckily I didn't FUBAR.  Makes you sweat to start removing parts from mags that were $$$.
Thank you mr Dremel!

Thanks to all for your helpful advice
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone needs to tack a thread with this info on the Waffle mags.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
hehe, you think fitting a Bulgy mag to a wasr is a pain, try fitting one of the 5.56 X 45 mags to a valmet M76.

You gotta reshape the locking tab and remove plastic and they are still tight but they function.

I had one that refused to work in my Valmet 76W but it would work flawlessly in my friends Valmet 76f (W=wood & F=folder) he  traded me a modified Wiegar mag for the bulgy mag.

Were both happy,

Jason
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
i had a problem with a few of my bulgy waffle mags in my SAR
just file the  back of the mag until it fits (metal tab that pokes out)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top