Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 7:50:24 PM EDT
I tried to post the pic in the thread,just got red xs,1Gunner guided me this far.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think HP is a photo server you might want to try photobucket.com

I saw your G3 clone, nice!  You could always just post a link to your HP site
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Gunner,it took me awhile to find the Portuguese reciever,the Port parts were the easy part.Big 50 handled the build,the pics don't do it justice.eshare.hpphoto.com/start.asp?jobid=b9886a35-f01c-48b2-9c78-3979e33e17bb
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've only fired a G3 once and I had a FTF most of the mag, however it was all due to user error, not the rifles fault.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:21:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice.  They are smooth firing beasts.  I had a PTR91 for awhile.  What did you use for compliant parts in that thing?   That was thing that always confused me on the g3 generation.

Travis
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:59:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Travis,for compliance parts I used US,hammer,trigger,disconnector,a highly modified US charging handle [modified to look original] and stock set.The stockset pictured is the original Portuguese.I also located an original Portuguese G3 manual.I had Mark,clip and pin the lower and install the original paddle mag release.The pin does not go all the way through.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:59:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice... I have a ARS built one. For parts I used a New demilled G3. JDL reciver with truion. and Trigger group ( FSE ) . I also bought a several sets of USA (FSE)  floorplates and followers. I haven't many rounds through her but she is accurate and shoots easy and sweet. WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#8]
WarDawg,I was wondering how yours turned out.I believe we bought our kits at about the same time.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice rifle. Have you noticed the furniture can be changed in seconds..? It's like a doll for guys

Here's my FMP G3

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats a beautiful G3 Some-Finn,can you get a close up pic of the reciever markings?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Very nice.  They are smooth firing beasts.  I had a PTR91 for awhile.  What did you use for compliant parts in that thing?   That was thing that always confused me on the g3 generation.

Travis

Travis, you still got that CETME that you bought from me?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
WarDawg,I was wondering how yours turned out.I believe we bought our kits at about the same time.

Johno, mine turned out very nice. I also have a (USA) charging handle made up to look original. I have the paddle release with the Pin made up so it's BATF happy. I haven't many rounds through her but she shoots really well. A gentle push when fired. I wanted to retain the orginal furniture. I know of nothing thats as good as the real stuff.Looks or feel. Im very happy on how it turned out. And now for this BARREL ban deal hitting our shores it takes some of the sting out of what $$$$ I have in this Build. LOL..... Glad I did it when I did.... WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Me Too! I'm going to follow your lead and get some US mag followers and floorplates,I hate putting it back in the US stockset.I usually just keep the mag out and use a US mag.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Ive been away from the computer for a day or two finally getting rid of this dial up crap....Nice rifle Johno we're all gonna have to get together and go shooting

Man I like seeing all these FAL's...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thats a beautiful G3 Some-Finn,can you get a close up pic of the reciever markings?

The original 1973 finish was a bit scary, looked like it had been dragged behind a car. I've refinished it since, actually all of those pics have the original finish, doesn't look as bad further away...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Some_Finn,thats what I was looking for.I almost had the left side of my mag well engraved like the earlier FMP but opted to wait awhile.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top