Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/7/2005 11:49:51 AM EDT
Does anybody know if this stock locks in place when its folded to the side?  Bash me if you feel like it.  I admit...the M4 SOCOM stock looks better......but its $270.

Side folding M4 six position modular stock set. Includes, compact internal receiver block ( AKRBC) with black, US Made, six position M4 modular stock (M4M), CAR stock adapter (PN), and folding mechanism with sling swivel. (FSM-SMG).Length of pull 12.25" to 15.5" in six 5/8" increments.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]

you do realize that the moment you mount that to your weapon that your manhood will shrink by no less than 50%, you will become impotent, your hair will migrate from your head to your lower back, and any children of yours will declare themselves as homosexuals.

just letting you know man, its an ugly thing
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
That didnt take long.. get yer asbestos suit on..I think they do lock though...
Poor little AK looks like it's had a bad hair cut....
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I know, I know....I hate putting AR parts on anything AK...but come on...its adjustable and you can fold it!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
They lock but they still have movement to some degree. The original design one I have locks better than the new design one I have, the newer design lets you unfold the stock like the Galils do by just pulling it out. Personally, I have stopped using any folding mechanisms at all, unless it comes from a Galil it sucks ...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know, I know....I hate putting AR parts on anything AK...but come on...its adjustable and you can fold it!

oh yeah for all those times you're going to be wearing assault body armor and need to shorten the stock to compensate for it.

why not go out and find an adjustable PSG-1 stock and duct tape it onto your AK, at least that would be original.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
MY EYES!!!!! MY EEYYESSS!!1
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]

oh yeah for all those times you're going to be wearing assault body armor and need to shorten the stock to compensate for it.

Well I do wear thick coats in the winter...plus what if I let someone else shoot it they can adjust it to fit them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
do I really have to whip out the ARSVD picture?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know how a rifle's length suddenly became too long for everyone.
Everything now is either having the barrel cut shorter or having an M4 stock attached.
M4 stock is pointless, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

you do realize that the moment you mount that to your weapon that your manhood will shrink by no less than 50%, you will become impotent, your hair will migrate from your head to your lower back, and any children of yours will declare themselves as homosexuals.

just letting you know man, its an ugly thing

people like me had better not do that, i'll really be screwed

i love the m4 stock, i do. there is something about that collapsable stock that looks beautiful to me. i think its a lot pretty than any AR full stock(aside from the socom expensive ones). they just dont look right on an ak for me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top