Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 8:36:23 PM EDT
What are some of the stock options for the Saiga 12?

Im VERY interested in folding stocks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You can use any AK-47 stock set, but you're going to have to rework the trigger group so that you can use a standard pistol grip position, also the "parts count" issue might come into play.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Just like anyother AK.

The Romanian stock, and Tapco folders a good fit with the tang intact.  All the others you have to cut the tang.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What about this stock from K-var?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
that will work, however it will require some surgery best left to a gunsmith or an experienced "dremel commando" and with as narrow as the butt is on that stock, you might not like the recoil
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen those fitted but i think you have to do even more surgry to the reciver to get it to fold in place.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Romanian wire folding stock. Works well, but there's two issues:

1) It will not completely fold to the right as the cheek weld hits the safety/selector first. However, it will stay closed under fire.

2) The stock can be brutal without a buttpad. I suggest the Bulgarian slip-on or grenade launcher one. Works much better.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:33:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have seen those fitted but i think you have to do even more surgry to the reciver to get it to fold in place.

Also when it is folded the keeper that is located under the trunion is very different than the 74
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I put a Bulgarian side-folder on mine. The front latch has to be reworked as it won't fit in the gap under the trunion the way it is. The recoil isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm daring to be different.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#10]
If you can find someone to install it get the Left folder.

It is by far the most unique folder for the Saiga.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top