Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 1:13:03 PM EDT
I just got it yesterday, a used Norinco nhm 91.

Took it out today and every other round would not fire. So I mixed up the ammo brands to rule out the ammo. I'm getting light strikes on the primers.

So what is it the firing pin?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
take the bolt out, remove the firing pin, and clean out the pin channel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
take the bolt out, remove the firing pin, and clean out the pin channel.

Done, and it still won't fire half the time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
push the firing pin in all the way and check to see how far it protrudes.  does the hammer spring feel weak?  I cant really think of any other problems unless you are only having this problem during bumpfire.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
push the firing pin in all the way and check to see how far it protrudes.  does the hammer spring feel weak?  I cant really think of any other problems unless you are only having this problem during bumpfire.

Now how ya gonna bumpfire when it only fired every other round?

Hammer spring feels fine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Well , if we rule out Ammo - spring - and dirt- then either the firing pin is worn down or the
hammer is not hitting it squarely.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now how ya gonna bumpfire when it only fired every other round?

Hammer spring feels fine.

well you could be trying to bump it and only get one round off at a time, with a light strike being the result of a following hammer.  I would think the pin is what is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]
 MrClean4Hire.  Fixed yet?  No fouling cushioning the hammer strike?  Hammer axis pin seated right? A new firing pin is cheap enough to try and "troubleshoot by replacement". Or, if you had another AK to compare with you could look at firing pin protrusion heights.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 MrClean4Hire.  Fixed yet?  No fouling cushioning the hammer strike?  Hammer axis pin seated right? A new firing pin is cheap enough to try and "troubleshoot by replacement". Or, if you had another AK to compare with you could look at firing pin protrusion heights.

A new firing pin and she was good to go, 70 rds just fired at 100% like I like it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you notice any differences (i.e. defects, etc) between the old and new firing pins?  Just curious if was visably apparent or not.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Did you notice any differences (i.e. defects, etc) between the old and new firing pins?  Just curious if was visably apparent or not.

Old was shorter.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#11]
MrClean4hire,  did you get this for a good price?

I see this happening regularly. Some guy has a rifle/or pistol,  that doesn't work correctly and rather than do the research and fix it, or pay a smith to fix it, they just sell it. I actually seek these out, and if I see it's an easy fix, I buy it right and have a nice deal. I call these my closet finds.  hy.gif
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top