Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 11:48:27 PM EDT
When riveting the trunion on, do I need to have the barrel pressed out first and use a type of bucking bar, or do I just leace the barrel in and press the rivets in? This will be my first riveted AK build using a coldsteel blank and a Yugo underfolder kit. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Kris
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Kris,
  On my builds I used the boltcutter rivet tool so I had to remove the barrel.  But there are some guys who swear you can use the barrel for a bucking bar, although to do it right that would still require you to remove the barrel to punch the rivets out.  Personally I would suggest pulling the barrel and using the boltcutter tool or the Plinker's jig.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
ttt for more info.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
This is from Pookie's web site.  Topic riveting

pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/docs/construction/rivets.htm

Should answer lots of questions.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top