Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 7:43:54 AM EDT
Hey guys, I need some advice.

I just picked up my New Armory USA SSR-85c-2 and when I got home and field stripped it, I found some light rust where the bolt carrier rail it pressed against the receiver, light rust around some of the rivets ( inside the receiver ), and some rust on the barrel where it enters the receiver. I tried to clean it with a tooth brush and gun oil like the Armory USA tech said to, and some of the rust isn't coming out. Will the rust stop now that it's oiled or should I send the gun back to the factory and hope they fix it the right way with a full disassembly of the rifle ?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Shouldnt have bought from GT. Vector or even a Chinese gun would be better.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
holy crap......the horror stories keep coming with the Armory AKs
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I was fortunate enough to handpick my GT rifle a few years ago (SSR-85-B2--Polish parts) and chose the nicest one Ron had on the table.  If you can handpick you can get a nice rifle, but I have seen a few that I would definately not buy.  Rust?  Send it back--no excuse for that on a new rifle...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Send that bad boy back!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
what's this GT you guys are talkin bout?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Global Joeken Trades!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Global Turds strike again.  Those guys are unbelievable...  

I posted something nearly identical about 10 months ago re: an underfolder I bought from them built on their 1.6 receiver.  After field stripping I found rust EVERYWHERE and no amount of gun oil and “0000” steel wool would get rid of it.  They offered to re-park it, but others that went that route said they came back rusted again.  So I returned mine and bought an Arsenal, Inc. instead.

Having learned my lesson I am now buying a Polish underfolder kit and will have it built up by one of the folks here on the board with a good rep and some integrity.  Not sure what receiver I will use, but I do not want to give my business to GT even for parts.

UD

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like the gun and I hope that Armory USA does the right thing and completely strips the gun and cleans out all the rust not just repark the dam thing then ship it back!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I really like the gun and I hope that Armory USA does the right thing and completely strips the gun and cleans out all the rust not just repark the dam thing then ship it back!

Some links fer ya (pics are missing, but the point is still clear, GLobal Trades does not a quality rifle make):

Global Turds: bent rails

Global Turds: Rusty

Global Turds: Fit and Finish issues

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top