Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 8:09:41 PM EDT
Is their any good ak smiths out their to have a parts kit built into a gun?  Was looking into one builder but he is sawmped.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to know too!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Who's the one builder?  Thats useful info.  InRange or AK-USA are my top choices.  Theres several other smaller shops that do good work too.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Jnewt at www.newtonfirearms.com/

or Derek at www.azexarms.com  

you cant go wrong either way.  however Jnewt will give you some really kick ass pics of your rifle after he completes it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Chris Butler @ AK-USA

Chris does fantastic work!

Give him a call.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:56:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The pictures on Josh Newton's website do look like some of the best looking builds I've seen but he seems to be really backed up.  link above

Derek is probably backed way up also.  I talked to him back in September of last year and he estimated a 6 month wait.  Derek did some work on 2 of my AR's and the price and quality of work couldn't be beat.  link above

Mark of Coyote Gulch Armory gave me an August timeframe before accepting new builds.  He seems to have great prices.  His website is current from the email I got from him last month.

Greenlight Arms has great prices, but.

www.ak-103.com/

investmentgradefirearms.com/

Piece of History Firearms

www.marshall-arms.com/

The Firing  Line

blackwellindustries.com/page5.html

globalmilitarygunsmithing.com/_wsn/page3.html

Inrange

Sledgehammer Arms Works

There are some others I can't remember and don't have links to.

I believe most of the builders have got so much business that they are really backed up.  I kind of have the idea that we are going to find out one or two have got in over their heads.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Chris Butler @ AK-USA

Give him a call.

+1,000,000!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Expect AT LEAST a two-month wait for any of the builders listed here to start your project.  Some, like Jnewt and Ted Marshall, aren't taking new work anyway.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Chris Butler @ AK-USA

Give him a call.

Yes he does! Just don't be shocked when you get a price quote from him.  He's defintely expensive!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Chris Butler @ AK-USA

Give him a call.

+1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Chris Butler @ AK-USA

Give him a call.

Yes he does! Just don't be shocked when you get a price quote from him.  He's defintely expensive!

The same sentance applies to Jayson at IGF (Investment Grade Firearms)

He does really good work, though. His Envirotech refinishing is top notch, too.

Scott

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Soon as I gather all the parts, Troy at InRange is going to take my vanilla SAR-3 and turn it into an AK-102 clone.........can't wait to get that project done!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.marshall-arms.com/

Ted Marshall is probably the best IMO...but I'm sure he's pretty well backed up, if he's taking in anything at all right now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top