Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/23/2005 8:21:26 PM EDT
Take a good look at these pics. Anything strange. i captured these from an avi so the are kinda small. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/Sar-1Berdan/Image000.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/Sar-1Berdan/Image004.jpg
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
selector switch?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Chinese selector stop?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
the video that the pics are from has the guys shooting full auto.couldn't figure out if they were bumping or not. but it looks like one of them secret homeade converts to me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]
bolt hold open notch in selector lever.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
bolt hold open notch in selector lever.

the pics are in action, it looks like he just charged a round.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the video that the pics are from has the guys shooting full auto.couldn't figure out if they were bumping or not. but it looks like one of them secret homeade converts to me.

doesnt mean they arent pre-may transferables.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#7]
the video--right click and save as target 66.246.170.146/weps/akabuse.avi
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]
that ak has a third hole i kinda think its a homemade job tho as the pin isnt in the correct location
EDIT its just the view its actually the hammer pin i was seein
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#9]
what about the metal coming up so far from the mag release. would that be homeade too. ive never seen one like that before.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#10]
na thats just chinese selector stop
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:20:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Love the Video, made in the True Spirit of  " Hold my Beer and watch this"
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's the explanation:

Those guys are fucking idiots.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#14]

that ak has a third hole i kinda think its a homemade job tho as the pin isnt in the correct location

I don't see the "third" hole. The "pin" you see kinda sticking out from under the front of the selector is the center support rivit.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I don't see the "third" hole. The "pin" you see kinda sticking out from under the front of the selector is the center support rivit.

Nope, it's the hammer pin.  Bump firing all the way

Hey, I got no problem with guys going out for the day having fun shooting but safety first?  Give me a break!  There are two scenes at least where the guy goes from shooting to dropping the mag to sweeping the camera (and who knows who else) without clearing the weapon first.  I'm not even going to mention the potential problems with mud and water jamming up a barrel.  Definate candidates for the Darwin Award

BTW, did you see what that website is?  G.I. Joe???
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Nope, it's the hammer pin. Bump firing all the way

I meant the "pin" hiding under the selector in FRONT of the selector stop, which is the center support rivit.

The third "evil" pin hole, if it were there, would be almost touching the bottom side of the receiver in front the the selector stop.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, it's the hammer pin.  Bump firing all the way

Hey, I got no problem with guys going out for the day having fun shooting but safety first?  Give me a break!  There are two scenes at least where the guy goes from shooting to dropping the mag to sweeping the camera (and who knows who else) without clearing the weapon first.  I'm not even going to mention the potential problems with mud and water jamming up a barrel.  Definate candidates for the Darwin Award

BTW, did you see what that website is?  G.I. Joe???

+1

I am all about having fun shooting, but these guys make us all look bad. No eye protection, shooting at water (ricochet hazard), randomly blasting and then intentionally trying to sabotage their own weapons. Several muzzle sweeps as well. Har har, yeah, that's great.

"Hold muh beer" indeed!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#18]
yeah i seen the gijoe. if they are bumping than that means i really suck at it cause i think my max bump is in the 5 to 10 round range and they were bumping whole drums. is the rate of fire slower when bumping as opposed to a real full auto?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#19]
There is a notch in the selector for holding the bolt open....am I seeing things?????????
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#20]
On most AK variants, if you rack the charging handle to the rear, squeeze the trigger, then gently let the carrier slide forward, the bolt will stay open.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Ive done that before.........but i think there is a notch on the selector of the gun shown. If you get the bolt to lock back like you described...and Ive done before...DONT STICK ANY BODY PARTS IN THE ACTION.......you might come up missing a finger or be in a lot of pain for awhile.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ive done that before.........but i think there is a notch on the selector of the gun shown. If you get the bolt to lock back like you described...and Ive done before...DONT STICK ANY BODY PARTS IN THE ACTION.......you might come up missing a finger or be in a lot of pain for awhile.

That's right, it's just a little trick, it's not meant to be used as a bolt hold open. Definitely do not do this with a loaded magazine in the weapon!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice Video!
Really cool seeing the abuse these rifles can take.

Though, I could never see myself putting my AK through that.
I think I may need to move(to a less commie state) and put together a few of those cheap AMD/Yugo Kits  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#24]
some more videos for your viewing pleasure. Left click....AKS-74U Krinkov . ............ Army training with Aks ............... Las Vegas shooting event              i have some VSS Vintorez vids also if any one wants to see them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#25]
i can bumpfire like that from the shoulder. whats the big deal? and why does everyone do it from the hip? it looks stupid.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
some more videos for your viewing pleasure. Left click....AKS-74U Krinkov . ............ Army training with Aks ............... Las Vegas shooting event              i have some VSS Vintorez vids also if any one wants to see them.

In the vegas clip the guy on the ground with the bottom handguard is bumping his rifle right?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top