Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/22/2005 8:16:41 AM EDT
First off: Hi everyone, I've been ghosting for quite some time and finally got an e-mail adress that would work for these forums. I've learned alot about my rifles and pistols from this site, very top-notch stuff here. I've learned a ton and a half of the lingo, so I hope to 'blend-in'.

Second: I've seen a thread about this a while back and thought it would be a goods project to 'un-nueter' Mr. SAR-1 and bring it back to it's once robust self. However, in the AR-15 section, putting back on the bayonet mount was some sort of cardinal sin or illegal (depending on the state the resident was in).

I live in the Free State of Florida, Central Florida to be exact, so legality wouldn't be an issue.

Just wondering what the 'hive-mind' thinks and suggests...

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#1]
ok, just an FYI: dont go to the AR section with anything remotely related to an AK.  they are a bit prejudiced.

secondly, you should have no problem putting it on, Florida is a free state and now with the 94 ban gone you can throw a new gas block on there with the bayonet lug.  and you can get the barrel threaded(or do it yourself) assuming your rifle has enough metal on the muzzle to thread as some SAR rifles had the barrel turned down too far to thread with standard AK threads.  in that case you can still thread with AR threads.  just be careful in your choice of flash suppressor as I may be forced to ridicule you for putting AR parts on an AK.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#2]
"Friends don't let friends put AR accessories on AK's."

hedic
Plastic is for 6 year olds with BB guns and water pistols.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the quick reply.

heh, I get paid to surf ARFCOM

oh yeah, some of the plastic furniture is pretty nice.  I still think wood looks the best on most AK rifles though.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top