Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/21/2005 3:50:53 PM EDT
My fun shop has a WASR 10 for $350.  This one accepts hicaps withoud modification and has the canted muzzle break.    It is marked Romanian Manufacture and is brand new.  I think Century Arms imports it, and the counter guy (a pretty good one) said that it has the US compliance parts.

If this turns out to be a good one (wanting to hear from you guys) I want to pick it up.  I've got a Mini 14 to trade and these guys usualy do good by me.

My major concern is that it as dead reliable as the AKs reputation.

My questions...

Is Century Arms a good importer?  

Did they also assemble it putting in the compliance parts?

Is $350 a reasonable price?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of stock does it have?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What kind of stock does it have?

Wood, looks like a standar AK type NOT thumb-hole I wouldn't consider it if it was.  The furniture looks pretty rough meaning not finished.  

I think it's a recent import, brand new.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say get it, I just bought one about a month ago, and it came with the Tapco folding stock...I'm looking for an original stock now to replace it.I just prefer the wood stock, I thought I'd love the folder, which I like the idea, just not the plastic stock...the rest of the rifle seems excellent. and it works flawlessly...I'd recommend making sure the front sight isn't canted(tilted one way or annother) or the gasblock...these defects have been reported previously...otherwise I wouldn't hesitate, it's a great little rifle, and a real blast to shoot.  Good-Luck.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
350 is about the upper retail price on them........I have seen them in the local gun show going for 330ish........just make sure you get all the accesories that come with it! a lot of gun shops, and dealers (the unscrupolous  fucks) will strip guns of the accesories and sell them as seperate items to you.........a sling, cleaning kit, bayonet comes with each one, as well as the mags can't remeber if it's one or two.....one dealer has a mag pouch with them.......with 2 mags, I'm not 100 percent sure if it comes with a mag pouch, or he adds it with the purchase of the rifle

CENTURY is one of the biggest importers of firearms........they have a 30 day warranty on all their firearms, just make sure you get a dated receipt from the dealer, in case something is wrong with it. as for compliance parts, not 100 percent sure, but I believe they install them here........in any event they will be the most  cheapest ones made and still be called a trigger group.......you will probably end up buying a slightly better trigger group like the G2, once you feel  the "trigger slap"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd go ahead and BUY it, not trade. Hang on to your Mini-14. If you DID trade it, I think I would want money back on that trade. Mini-14 is a more valuable gun...and better manufactured even though I'm not a Ruger fan..

Yes it's almost positively a Century Arms import and it WILL come with the U.S. compliant parts count. Don't worry about that if it's "NIB". If some redneck put it together in his garage, then you may need to be concerned about the parts count, but I think you're OK here in this case.

Century Arms Incorporated. These guys are famous for putting inferior non-spec parts on imported milsup arms and shoving them out the door. Everyone complains...but then they sell like hotcakes and I have yet to hear a irreversable horror story. I own two CAI imported rifles, a WASR-10 and a CETME and I did have to have minor gunsmith work done to both rifles. However, for the money I think it is acceptable.

If it's a new import, it may already have a G2 trigger installed which would be nice. If not, you might run the risk of trigger slap, however, that is pretty easily and cheaply fixed thru repair or replacement.

The $350 price tag is about average to high-average. "Cheaper Than Dirt" here in Fort Worth, ironically sells them for $400 which is the highest price I've seen yet.

Go for it Curahee...They're loads of fun. Cheap ammo, cheap mags, VERY reliable, wood is EASY to refinish.

If you haven't seen this Romanian AK link before, then check it out. Good info here.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one with black polymer furniture from K-Var and original wood for sale. It also comes with bayonet, sling, two 30 round mags, mag pouch, and cleaning kit. I've put 60 rounds through it. Asking $400. WASR10 Pic
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Well it's a crappy Mini 14 and my dad has a fine stainless GB so when I need a mini 14 I'm still set.  I'll need the money for a few accesories (mags, ammo and some mag pouches).  I'm going to go for it.  

How do you recognise the different trigger groups?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top