Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/21/2005 11:22:16 AM EDT
latly ive been doing some expierementing with ammo. i usually shoot wolf fmj, but at the last gun show i bought about 400rnds of some kind of european brass, and well it was ok but it jammed several times, after ejecting the bullet it appeared to have been fed into the chamber so hard that it damaged the bullet. the bullet looked like somebody had tapped the tip down into the shell a little bit, others looked like the shell had been snagged by the lip of the shell during feeling but would then jam.......any ideas?? wolf usually functiond flawlessy, but suffers in accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
i had the same problem with my wasr 10 i was told to polish the feed ramp. i have not done this because i decided to just use steel jacketed ammo and havent  had a problem since.
before taking a dremel to your rifle take your rifle to a gunsmith and make sure that is the problem and get proper instuction on the angle in wich you will need to polish the ramp.

hope this helps

ETA: i was also told at one point the ak was designed to shoot steel ammo and the action is to violent for brasscased ammo. if i am wrong let me know.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
i have yet to find anything that doesn't work perfect in my maadi, including soft tips.  but it does sound like a feed ramp issue.  dremmel tool and fine grit polishing compound should fix it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top