Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/17/2005 4:55:18 PM EDT
Anyone have this done? How did it turn out? I am thinking of getting my SAR-1  parked instead of the paint job on it now. Pics please if you have them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it yourself and save a ton of money.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 3:24:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Dace, how much equipment is really involved to do a home park?

I looked into it and it seems that you need to buy a lot of start-up equipment to get started, hardly worth it unless you are going to do more than 1, or do a batch with a group to share expenses.
I'm still toying with the idea, but would like to gather info from other succesful amateurs rather than to continue to research on-line. That research always seems to point to an equipment build-up.

How about it folks? Is there a WECSOG approach that works?
Anyone have a set-up that they want to unload for  reasonable price?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:30:08 AM EDT
[#3]
www.jouster.com/articles30m1/parkerizing.html

I was kind of sceptical at first so I did a few small parts, a mag, etc.  Turns out great.  These gun smiths are making a fortune for almost no work at all.  However it is all in the prep work.  Stripping the parts down and getting them very well cleaned.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I just took a TIG Welding course. At this point I understand the basics, have made a few UGLY welds and KNOW for a fact that I have a long way to go before I can consider myself a welder.
While making a Stainless tank has appeal, buying a reasonably priced one makes more sense.

But you are now faced with a size situation. Big enough for an AK barreled action? A FAL?
Common sense says to get the smallest size that will do all that I might want done, but S.S. tanks are not common and the selection is limited. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top