Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/16/2005 5:06:10 PM EDT
Or do i have to go weaver mount or ultimak.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Not that I know of. That PO 3.5x21 is the only one out there calibrated for 5.45x39 I think.

I do use a PSO-1 "V" on my SAR-2, and the bullet drop is next to nothing out to 200 yards, so I only use the chevron and shoot whatever it is I'm shooting without much problems. I do want something else though, because the shooting position is very uncomfortable:

That PO 3.5x21 would be perfect for my rifle. I've been spending my spending money elsewhere though right now.

Edited to add: The scope works better when you shoot prone, which at most ranges I go to, you can't do.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
the scope from freedom arms is exactly what I'm lookin' for but thanks!
I meant a lever-secured sight....... not PSO per say... By the way, what's the difference between teh V mount and normal mount.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
There is also the 1P29, but it's something of a collectible curiosity and priced accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that I know of. That PO 3.5x21 is the only one out there calibrated for 5.45x39 I think.

I do use a PSO-1 "V" on my SAR-2, and the bullet drop is next to nothing out to 200 yards, so I only use the chevron and shoot whatever it is I'm shooting without much problems. I do want something else though, because the shooting position is very uncomfortable:

webpages.charter.net/themao/themao%20with%20SAR-2%20LQ.jpg

That PO 3.5x21 would be perfect for my rifle. I've been spending my spending money elsewhere though right now.

Edited to add: The scope works better when you shoot prone, which at most ranges I go to, you can't do.

And you had me thinking all along that you were Chinese!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There is also the 1P29, but it's something of a collectible curiosity and priced accordingly.

I forgot all about that one. Do they make it anymore? The original ones had tritium or radium, correct?

Schulze: I used the name "the mao" because I joined this board back when I finished up an awesome course on 20th century Chinese history. We had to read two books involving his highness, so I took up his name for a joke. It's kind of cool on a gun board when you think about it. AKs, genocide, Mao, etc. The name blends in quite well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The more recent PSOP scopes use a single aiming chevron with equal amount of  MOA correction per click. Therefore, it can be used with any caliber.

The "V" model is optimized for the AK rail, rather than the SVD.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#9]
The only PSO type scope calibrated for 5.45x39 that I know of is this one sold by Kalinka:

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/cgi-bin/kowstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=GSPSO154516SVD

But beware K's rep. Lots of folk have had prob's w/ their customer svc.

I got one of the above scopes. Took about six weeks to arrive. It has a Saiga type clamp so you'll need to swap with a "V" style clamp for proper eye relief with a normal PG setup (unless you have a long Butt stock). It has a '74  cam and has AK-74 etched at the bottom of the reticle. K sells the clamps too.

I like the scope, but a regular 4X POSP is much cheaper and works great  too.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/graph/images/sighting_devices/posp_pso/pso_1.5_4.5x16_1_150.jpg

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/graph/images/sighting_devices/posp_pso/pso_1.5_4.5x16_4_150.gif

hopefully the pics work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#10]
They do exist from the Afghan era...but I do not remember if it was a modification to an existing model.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top