Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 12:26:12 PM EDT
Anyone bought these kits and can give feedback?

I have a few extra receiver flats and am looking for a cheap rifle variant build.

thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no expert by any means, but I'm pretty sure those are milled reciever kits.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a cheap build then hurry up and go to equipment exchange.  There is an AMD-65 kit that needs a trunnion hole repaired, but the person is including US parts, and an extended muzzle brake for $112 shipped.  You won't get one cheaper than that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Right, barrel threaded and kit does not include front or rear trunions...

But if they are any good, and the barrel can be turned down and pressed into another trunion, might be fun...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes that's a great deal...for a screw build. It would be a little more difficult to fix it up for a rivet build since the holes are drilled out.

But I want a full size ak, as I have a few of those AMD kits in process already!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one for about a week.  The barrels are NOT threaded on the chamber end.  The barrels are however chinese, and therefore a 19mm trunnion is required to mount it in.  If you can find a chinese 19mm trunnion for less than the entire MAK 90 kit, then you are a better researcher than I.......

Other than that, the kits are in excellent condition and have all matching serial numbers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I had one for about a week.  The barrels are NOT threaded on the chamber end.  The barrels are however chinese, and therefore a 19mm trunnion is required to mount it in.  If you can find a chinese 19mm trunnion for less than the entire MAK 90 kit, then you are a better researcher than I.......

Other than that, the kits are in excellent condition and have all matching serial numbers.

That would be the deciding point...thanks!

of course I could turn it down and make a sleeve to build it up to 23 mm....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top