Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 10:24:29 AM EDT
I'm thinking about buying a VEPR AK.  I had a Bulgarian SA M7 that I traded away like a dumbass, and kind of like the extra weight of the VEPR receiver.
Can anybody here tell me anything about 'em from personal experience?  I want the folding stock model that accepts standard 30 round mags.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#1]
High quality. Accurate. A bit heavy but built like a tank.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a VEPR in 5.45.  It is a little on the heavy side but it is very well made and shoots like a dream
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had my 7.62x39 Vepr K with muzzlebrake  for about two years of the 4 aks I have owned in that time it is the most accurate it gives me about 2 to 2.5  inch groups with the wolf 154 grain (at 100) It's fit and finnish are flawless. That said it is heavy  and odd looking ( I have grown to love the looks) Cuurently it still has my nightvison scope on it  from doing its job ridding my dads farm of a coyote. It has also brought Bambi to the brabaque on occasion as well.  Despite its weight if I had to go down to one AK it is the one I would keep.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I love mine...

I prefer the looks to most other AK's now (maybe its cuz you pay so much for the damn thing, your brain says you gotta love it)  It shoots great as well.  I have the 7.62x39 version...

It will lay the smack down on cows like no other!

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Vepr K in 7.62x39 here.
Not as heavy as my AR-15, but I still like it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
They are great AK's, and are very heavy!  Very accurate, and very well made.  Side folder conversions are very expensive, like an extra $200 if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I love mine...

I prefer the looks to most other AK's now (maybe its cuz you pay so much for the damn thing, your brain says you gotta love it)  It shoots great as well.  I have the 7.62x39 version...

It will lay the smack down on cows like no other!

www.sitesled.com/members/hickwarrior/Hosted%20Images%20for%20ARFCOM/DSCF00100.JPG

I sold this one to Ichwarrior and the Vepr is hands down the best built AK on the market today.  If you get past the weight you will enjoy it, I however couldnt.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top