Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/14/2005 9:49:04 PM EDT
I bought a pre ban brand new polytech kit with a new b west receiver serial number starts 9999, and all the goodie for 415.00 out the door. The guy said it was a 1000.00 rifle but he really neede money and could not build, so I bought it today and I just finished building it. Did I do all right?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
only if you got pics
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
pics will come in the next few days, I have 3 more night shifts and then I am off for seven days, I will also give a range report.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
pics will come in the next few days, I have 3 more night shifts and then I am off for seven days, I will also give a range report.

sounds good but for future reference the icon is not cool
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
B West receivers are known for having problems and unless it was built as a rifle before the ban which is unlikely the preban status of the receiver doesnt mean much. You didnt get taken but I wouldnt go as far as to say you got a good deal.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#5]
You most likely got screwed in that B-West receivers were made by a metal shop in Tucson, AZ for B-West/Jensen's gunshop and the receivers are usually butter soft.  You most likely should have someone check the hardness of the receiver and if needed have it treated to harden it.  If it needs hardening and you shoot it for as little as 1,000 rounds the hammer axis holes may deform.  You could have bought a new Bulgarian built AK for $600.00 and had a rifle with no problems whatsoever.    
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top