Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 12:51:56 PM EDT
Wow!  Just got back from a short trip to the range, my first time shooting my own AK, my 922r'd MAK 90.  Actually, when I picked her up in december, she was NIB, now she has about 60 rounds down the barrel.

Just wanted to get the sights adjusted today, which I did.  All my shots started about 4" left and 3" low @ 25yds.  I had a Tapco front sight tool, but discovered it is a POS, so I had to improvise to adjust the windage.  Did you know an empty magazine works well to drift the front sight cylinder?

After about 3 small adjustments, she shoots as accurate as I can (which probably isn't all that good); but I was satisfied.  I took the pleasure of scanning my last target, showing my last 3 shots of the day.  (Don't laugh, I think I did well!)

Was shooting Golden Tiger FMJ, the stuff that's $77/1K from Aim Surplus.  No failures of any kind and I didn't get any flyers either.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good to me. What was the range that you sited it in at? 25m? Do you have a pic of the MAK90? I have a Sile, NY imported rifle that made it into the country just as the ban fell into place and I think it was neutered in-house at Sile Imports.. It dosnt have the MAK 90 designation. Front slant brake was trimmed to look like a standard muzzle nut and then it was spot welded on and never touched up with any cold bluing or whatever. The spot weld was so small that all was needed was to use a hack saw and it cut through in no time. The bayo lug had the ears groud off and like the neutered slant brake it too was not touched up after the process. But the serial number has the "S" added after the "56" and then before the serial number. I could be wrong that it was done in this country because from what I understand the "S" signifies a MAK90 also. It is one of the first of the MAKs... Anyone want to confirm that this is in fact what happened to it and that it is one of the earliest MAKS??
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good to me to...An AK is alot tougher than that site tool....Ha
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I've broken or bent my fair share for adjusting tools.

Oh, well.  a beer takes care of that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow! No jams or double feeds. It must be an AK.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top