Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/13/2005 6:00:27 PM EDT
Hello Everyone,

I purchased as slightly used VEPR K today and I have 2 questions for you:

#1 - Which scope do you recommed? I am not looking for anything special just a good all purpose scope, probably a 4X unless there is something better.

#2 - What are the compliance parts on this rifle? The muzzle is naked, and that is a crime in itself, so I would like to install a flash suppressor; but I would like to make sure that I have the correct # of parts before I pull out the tap & die kit.

Thanks,
Accountant
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
RS39,

Would that be 6 parts or 5?

Trigger, hammer, and disconnector (3 parts). Buttstock, pistol grip, and handguards (3 parts)?.......... or does the buttstock and pistol grip count as 1 part since they are connected?

Thanks,
Accountant
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If the rifle is currently in a legal configuration, you can avoid counting parts by just going with a US made brake.  You won't be changing your foreign parts count that way

I might be incinerated for this, but I've never found a muzzlebrake that made the rifle more enjoyable to shoot.  Groups get bigger, gun gets louder.  I'll support the right of a man to screw whateverthehell he wants onto his barrel though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I found it on the Robinson website:

"Which parts of the VEPR are U.S. made?

All parts of the standard VEPR and VEPR Super are made in Russia.  Robinson Armament Co. makes the following parts for the VEPR II and VEPR K:  

1)  Buttstock;
2)  Pistol Grip;
3)  Hanguard;
4)  Trigger; and
5)  Disconnect."

Now, if I add a flash suppressor does that count as the 6th part or do I need to add the hammer as the 6th part and then add the flash suppressor???

Sorry, I keep reading this shit and I keep reminding myself that I should have gone to law school.

Thanks,
Accountant
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as you add a US made muzzle thingy, you're cool.  If you add a foreign muzzle thingy, I'd swap the hammer for a US unit, too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The basic number of US parts needed in an AK is 4. Plus 1 if it is a stamped receiver. Plus one if there is a muzzle device. So if you have a stamped receiver AK with a muzzle device the US parts count needs to total 6.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok, I found it on the Robinson website:

"Which parts of the VEPR are U.S. made?

All parts of the standard VEPR and VEPR Super are made in Russia.  Robinson Armament Co. makes the following parts for the VEPR II and VEPR K:  

1)  Buttstock;
2)  Pistol Grip;
3)  Hanguard;
4)  Trigger; and
5)  Disconnect."

Now, if I add a flash suppressor does that count as the 6th part or do I need to add the hammer as the 6th part and then add the flash suppressor???

Sorry, I keep reading this shit and I keep reminding myself that I should have gone to law school.

Thanks,
Accountant

If you use a US made suppressor/brake that will count as the sixth part.  It IS confusing, but the key is that your rifle is in legal configuration at present.  From here on out, you can add what you like without worrying about parts count provided the parts are US made.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top