Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/13/2005 11:11:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Theres only one local dealer I go out of my way to support, the rest are shops like you just described.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
awe, reminds me of the dealer with the $30 AK mags and $500 WASR, oh and lets not forget the $500 post ban Bushmaster lower!

I just love how the offer the best prices in town!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ETA: DSkeet, where are you located in NC?

Fort Bragg.  The local shops I refer to are back home in VA.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I try to support my local store, but sometimes they go more then double the price on items. That is just too much for me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#6]
$500 for a Bushmaster lower....
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
A local shop had aused  SSG-97, complete with canted fsb and gas block for $1400! Tag on it read "Dragunov"
        "NDM-86"
        "7.62X54R"

I could'nt help but laugh.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I lived on Ft. Bragg and in Fayetteville for a combined 7 years, my wife has lived three quarters of her life on Bragg and in Fayetteville. As far as Jims, they were at one time a great shop, but as of a year and a half ago they had become a waste of space on Yadkin Rd, almost as reputable as the used car dealer neighbors of thiers.

I have bought many guns from them in the past but wouldn't buy a cap gun from them today. In one weekend they sold me a revolver with ground serial numbers, and tried to refuse to take it back claiming that they could give me a note explaining that they sold the gun with a ground number and that would cover me legally (I had already asked the local ATF field agent and he told me to take it back ASAP). The same weekend I went to pick up a rifle that I had paid nearly thirteen hundred bucks for over a six month layaway, to find out they had sold the gun to somebody else for three hundred more, then they offered to give me store credit but refused to come down $10 off thier asking price on one of the guns I decided I would use the store credit on, when they routinly came down as much as twenty percent for good customers. I decided after that weekend that if they would treat a customer who had spent over ten thousand dollars at the store like that I didn't really want to do business with them.

I have talked to many people who remember the old days when you could routinely find the best selection (which you still can) and prices (they have lost it on that one) at Jims, and they would probably still recomend them, but not me. I did have good luck at Range One, but that was a couple of years ago, and things can change. In fayetteville you can normally cruise a few of the larger pawnshops and find a couple of pretty good deals most weekends.

I was stationed at Bragg for 3 years, and bought some guns from Jim's .

They had a pretty good selection. Prices were pretty much normal suggested retail. Pre-bans were much more expensive that what I saw advertised in the Gun list or Shotgun News.  

They did have a habit of selling guns there were of questionable legality. Main examples I remember were Mak90s with pistol grips. This was before people converted them over with US parts.

I have heard of the them trying to pass off a post ban as a pre-ban, stuff like that.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#13]
i went to one gunshop that was permanently attatching flashhiders on postban guns before the ban died saying it was ok as long as it couldnt be taken off easily
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i went to one gunshop that was permanently attatching flashhiders on postban guns before the ban died saying it was ok as long as it couldnt be taken off easily

didnt DPMS do that too?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top