Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/13/2005 8:15:55 AM EDT
So, this guy has 2 AK pistols (sorry, not that familiar with exactly what kind they were).  They looked real eye pleasing compared to most AK's I see at gun shows, and I thought I might buy one... but I have one simple question...

Do these shorter AK's go bang when I pull the trigger?

I don't care much for accuracy, I just want a bullet spitter.  But are they reliable as far as not jamming up and firing close to 100%??

Maybe some stupid questions, but they were 450 bucks a piece and I don't want to waste that kind of money on a POS that doesn't run at least 95%...

Also, is there anything special I should look at to make sure these are quality AK's???

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#1]
depends on the maker of course.  honestly you could buy an AMD65 kit and an OOW reciever and build one yourself for half of that price
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
There is really no reason why it should not run 100% if it was built correctly.

If you think about it, the AK mechanics do not depend on the buttstock so to speak, so removing it should not effect the functioning of the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Are these pretty easy to build?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are these pretty easy to build?

if you can weld, tap a hole, or have a shop press availible you can do it pretty easily.  there might be some NC residents who build their own who would be willing to help out as well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
just dont get a JERKIN pistol
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
depends on the maker of course.  honestly you could buy an AMD65 kit and an OOW reciever and build one yourself for half of that price

Half hell....

I built mine for less than $170.00

AK pistols are fun smack a 75 round drum in one talk about evil.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Half hell....

well with todays prices of $125 for a amd kit, about $80 out the door for an OOW receiver, $25 for taps and paint.

I so should have bought more $79 amd kits
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been looking at some of the pics in the forum, and pretty much they look like ak47su (i think that's right) they have shortened handguards, and the front sight is part of the gas thingy (pardon my extensive gun knoweledge...lol).  But they are pistols not SBR's...

Where can i get one or a parts kit for one of these???  The AMD65's don't look like these at all...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Half hell....

170?

i did one on sept 14 for 75$. a 59$ kit and a flat, shoots fine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
just dont get a JERKIN pistol

And why not?

According to this review:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=68687

They aren't too shabby.

I'm curious, enlighten me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've been looking at some of the pics in the forum, and pretty much they look like ak47su (i think that's right) they have shortened handguards, and the front sight is part of the gas thingy (pardon my extensive gun knoweledge...lol).  But they are pistols not SBR's...

Where can i get one or a parts kit for one of these???  The AMD65's don't look like these at all...

I would be willing to bet its a AMD 65 kit with standard handguards. I could be wrong but pretty much all the pistols being built are AMD's and for $450 thats about all your gonna get.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#13]
You can still  build two for under $450.00 though.

Hey wait a minute..........................

that would be cool one for each hand
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You can still  build two for under $450.00 though.

Hey wait a minute..........................

that would be cool one for each hand

Speaking of building two I have two like new kits for sale for $230
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#15]
saw one today at the funshow also.
kinda cool lookin
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top