Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/12/2005 9:03:20 PM EDT
I searched through the equipment Exchange, and Google and found only a few dealers with standard wood stock sets. They were either out-of-stock or way over priced.

It was easy to find polymer stcks, folding stocks, etc, but I just want a set of plain (laminated or not laminated) wood stock set.

Any suggestions for a reputable dealer selling standard wood stocks for WASR AK47?

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean something like this?

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted: "You mean something like this?"

Yes, exactly. I was in my local gunshop today with income tax refund in hand. I wanted a WASR10, and I wanted one with bayonet, threaded barrel, and slanted muzzle brake.

The only one they had in stock with those features had the thumbhole stock, and it is a decidedly right-handed design.  Since I'm a lefty, and I wanted an AK that looks like the ones that used to to pointed at me some 30+ years ago, the thumbhole model just doesn't cut it.

However, I did not want to take a chance that the grabbers would somehow get these outlawed again before I could get my hands on one, so I bought the thumbhole stock, and want to replace it with a regular ole' stock set.

My next AK might be all black with rails, polymer furniture, etc, but I just had to have one "original" configuration for nostaligic purposes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#4]
IM me if you want don't want to spend as much as the ones in the K-VAR links that Templar posted.  I have that one in wood with a U.S. pistol grip and may have another wood one.  I also have an extra side-folding stock if you are interested.

Since you have a thumbhole stock on your's I don't know what U.S. parts you would have in your rifle.  You would have to may sure your rifle is in compliance with the law.  Probably need 6 U.S. parts in it to put the thumbhole on it though it may already have that if the mags that came with it have U.S. follower and baseplate.  It's possible that your rifle currently has the U.S. piston, FCG by Century, and the magazine compliance parts.   Maybe Templar can answer those questions seeing that he works in a gunshop.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:45:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#6]
If you need US parts for complance, the Ironwood Designs stocks are primo, but you have to finish them yourself.  Easy!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes check out ironwood
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.globaltrades.com/ak_stocks.html

Too bad they are backordered as I love the Bulgy fine grain.

+1

those are nice
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the excellent info folks!

I am going with the Ironwood since I am not sure if the original furniture is US or import, AND the originals are kinda "cheezy" looking to boot. I think I will actually enjoy putting the finish on the Ironwood.

If the number of import parts is ever challenged, it will be easier to prove the the Ironwood are US, than what is currently installed on it.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top