AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 5:40:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]
that sir would be the TAPCO stock and yes people here have them
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Nooooo! don't tell me you're going to put one of those ass ugly plastic skeleton folding stocks on your ak!!!!  Just look up K Var and get on of the metal Romanian folding stocks instead or pick one up at a gun show. Those ugly stock don't do any AK's justice, just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Romy folders aren't ugly?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Romy folders aren't ugly?

All side folders are ugly
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:45:27 AM EDT
[#5]
not krink folders
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:29:24 AM EDT
[#6]
It looks like something that would break ??
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:42:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

one or two people have had trouble with the pivot pin(plastic) breaking, but the guys at TAPCO fixed them up in a hurry.  it works fine, I just dont like the look of it and it feels a bit on the cheesy side.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm referring to the tapco folders those PlAsTic folders they just look retarded on an ak
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They had a problem at the beginning where the pivit pin were known to break but Tapco has fixed it and offers a no BS replacement policy
ETA I have them for about $10 less www.MidwestArmory.com
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They had a problem at the beginning where the pivit pin were known to break but Tapco has fixed it and offers a no BS replacement policy
ETA I have them for about $10 less www.MidwestArmory.com

Still they shouldnt need a no BS replacement policy. They should build a good sturdy product from the start. A friend of mine bought a rifle with that stock on it, damn thing broke soon after. He threw it away after calling tapco , they actually wanted to charge him shipping to replace their broken product. He bought a Romainian folder and has never looked back.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
The new design is improved and shouldnt be a problem. But the first production ones have been known to break at the pivit point.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The new design is improved and shouldnt be a problem. But the first production ones have been known to break at the pivit point.

Got a pic of it??
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont hve my camera handy but I believe all they did was replace the pivit pin with a steel one. Im assuming that the pivit point on your buddies is where it broke. The stock looks the same. I dont think they are bad stocks but if I had the choice between the Romanian or Tapco I would go with the Romanian. The thing I do like about the Tapco one is the extended length.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#14]
why do people keep recommedning folders that require modifying the receiver?  There are two categories here folks, and when it coems to buying drop-in folders, options are ugly and limited.  Tapco's Galil, the 'Romy' wire ones (which are ugly as a pigs nuts, but I see how well designed they are, e,g, right fold AND still can work safety lever.), the ACE trillion dollar setup....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top