Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 10:08:50 PM EDT
Can an AK survive being lubed with only CLP?

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont see why not.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
You need to lube a AK
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it will do it just fine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool, just making sure.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You might want to try 30 weight non-detergent motor oil @ $1.29 qt if you absolutely have to lube your AK.  That high dollar lube will spoil your AK and cause it to become finicky on the type of ammo you feed it.  Pretty soon it won't accept Wolf ammo anymore and it will start to jam like some of those AR's.  You might end up ruining a perfectly good rifle.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might want to try 30 weight non-detergent motor oil @ $1.29 qt if you absolutely have to lube your AK.  That high dollar lube will spoil your AK and cause it to become finicky on the type of ammo you feed it.  Pretty soon it won't accept Wolf ammo anymore and it will start to jam like some of those AR's.  You might end up ruining a perfectly good rifle.

+1 Motor oil works great for me I dont see the need for anything else
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dont know about that but CLP is fine but use it sparingly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whys that?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
A little bit of bacon grease or the congealed fat from spam works just fine too.z
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whys that?  Just curious.

Because with all firearms they shouldnt be "wet" with lube but just enough to give lubrication.

But with AK's it dont make much of a difference and they will shoot everytime.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:47:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A little bit of bacon grease or the congealed fat from spam works just fine too.z

Yup, just the right kind of lubes for an AK
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:25:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Ak's can survive almost anything.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:28:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Holy crap!  I can't believe the misinformation here!  No one in their right mind would waste a piece of bacon on an AK!  There is too much savory goodness at stake here!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Holy crap!  I can't believe the misinformation here!  No one in their right mind would waste a piece of bacon on an AK!  There is too much savory goodness at stake here!

+1

[Homer Simpson]HHHHMMMMM...BACONNNNNN[/Homer Simpson]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I suppose the fat left over from any piece of meat would suffice.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I was told that extra fine dessert sand made the ultimate lube for an AK, and that if you clean one before the reciever has rust holes through it you are wasting your time.

only the finest dessert sands eh?  I'm not sure that my AK's would have much of a sweet tooth, or is this a savory dessert?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You could lube it with urine and it would run just fine for years!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Just be sure to wash your hands afterwards!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#22]
When I get back from shooting my AK's and I dont feel like cleaning right away, I just spray them down with WD40 and wipe the excess off and put away until I feel like cleaning them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I have been using CLP to
Clean
Lubricate
Preserve
all my firearms for 15+ years. None have worn out yet or had any rust on them. Even the ones that have been in the end table drawer,safe,bed headboard, and out in the garage for years.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was told that extra fine dessert sand made the ultimate lube for an AK, and that if you clean one before the reciever has rust holes through it you are wasting your time.

only the finest dessert sands eh?  I'm not sure that my AK's would have much of a sweet tooth, or is this a savory dessert?

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suppose the fat left over from any piece of meat would suffice.

NO!

Pork Fat Rules

Well, yes I guess it does in the current conflicts where GI's are seeing using AK's against our enemies.  In that situation then pork fat/bacon may make an excellent bore lube for AR's also as long as a dry patch is used prior to firing.  Only want a trace left for the intended "lube" qualities.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top