Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/6/2005 4:58:45 PM EDT
Here are pictures of my first Ak built on an OOW receiver with an AMD63 kit.  

Thanks to longboat for helping me out with basically everything.  

I will refinish everything and have it 100% done at the group build in a couple weeks.  fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
that sir, is a bitchin build

whatcha doing with the amd forearm?
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
that sir, is a bitchin build

whatcha doing with the amd forearm?

hmm...im not quite sure.  

i wont be putting it on cuz i dont like the way it looks, im trying to get as close to the original AK as possible.

longboat has first dibs on it if i get rid of it though.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Good man AF...  remember who loves you...
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!1
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice lookin rivit job there. Did OOW ever fix the selector hole with the newer receivers?

BTW EXCELENT LOOKING RIFLE!!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice work!  Hey, what is the proper procedure for heat treating???  I've thought about doing a build but have never seen anything about that step...
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nice work!  Hey, what is the proper procedure for heat treating???  I've thought about doing a build but have never seen anything about that step...

you'll have to talk to longboat on that one.  he heat treated a couple flats yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]
well i took her to the range today and fired about 90 rds through my frankenAK.  
just wanted to see how it shoots and get the feel of it.

on my 3rd mag i had a couple that would stick the bolt back.  that happened 3 times then nothing after that.

heather shot it a few times but it bit her once and she wouldnt shoot it after that.  i dont know what happened but she wasnt happy.

overall it was awesome too shoot and i owe my thanks to longboat for his help.  see ya sunday..maybe early saturday too.  we'll see.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I was pondering if we had taken enough off the rear to allow proper bolt carrier clearance..  now we know..  we can fix it at the buildfest...  

Glad you had fun....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top