Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 3:18:30 PM EDT
Topic title says it all.

Can one order and install an underfolder on a Century Arms WASR10?

I know they are consider de riguer...or whatever ....but, I have one, it works when I pull the trigger and it's fun....

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You would have to cut into your reciever to instal the parts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Any source for how to do that?

Or should I just order an underfolder from Vector?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont know any but it almost seems not worth the trouble.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems that if you can put together an AK, you can do it. Cut the rivets on the rear tang, drill the necessary holes for the underfolder tang( if the rivets are in different spots, you can always fill in the old rivet holes i bet) and then re-rivet the new underfolder setup on, atleast thats what i figure you would have to do. Personally i want to buy an underfolder kit, send my wasr to a smith, have him refinish it and do the underfolder, mainly cause i dont have the time. but thats just me :p
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last I heard Vector is not making anymore underfolders because their UF kits ran out.  You could slap a Romanian right side folder on it without having to make any modifications to your receiver.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]
While not a complete step by step process on how to add an underfolder, this should help give you an idea of what might be involved...

Adding an underfolder

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top