Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2005 9:38:16 AM EDT
Are they very easy to install or will they do it for you?Just wanna dump the century arms trigger so i can have some bump firing fun
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
They're not difficult to install at all. The hard part is re-installing the Shepards Hook. You might want to purchase an RSA Retaining Plate to replace the Shepards Hook. They cost about $14 or so and make life much much easier.  Also, unless you really need an adjustable trigger group, I would suggest getting a G2 FCG instead. The G2 is a high quality FCG and cost less than half that of the RSA FCG.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#2]
never mind
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I forgot to post this website that shows how to remove and replace a FCG in your AK.  It also shows how to easily install the RSA retaining plate which you can use to replace the Shepards Hook.

FCG Removal and Replacement
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
never heard of the G2 Trigger
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's the G2 FCG for ya...

G2 FCG
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the G2's in my AMD's and like them alot you can also pick these off the EE (equipment exchange) for $33. I use C clips instead of the shepards hook they are cheap and easy I also have these along with some other useful Ak items for sale here ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=244504
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#8]
hey do you have to make any modifications to an SAR rifle in order to install a RSA trigger?

I(dremel) polished my FCG but its still a little slappy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
hey do you have to make any modifications to an SAR rifle in order to install a RSA trigger?

I(dremel) polished my FCG but its still a little slappy.

Maybe a little filing. Its in the instructions with the trigger.
Great trigger IMHO but it wasnt 'drop in' thats for sure.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently installed one of the G2 triggers on my WASR-10.  It was very easy to install, and believe it or not, I did not have any problem reinstalling the Shepherds hook.  I have been really impressed with the performance of the trigger.  The pull is light and crisp.  There really is no comparison between its performance and the performance of the factory trigger.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:38:59 AM EDT
[#11]
single hook or double hook?And did you have to buy the plate with either the G2 or RedStar trigger,Looking for a trigger that is smooth and i can bump fire the hell out of.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:43:20 AM EDT
[#12]
if I can put in a RSA FCG in an SAR1, anyone can.
I wish the triggers on my ARs were as nice as the RSA
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
single hook or double hook?And did you have to buy the plate with either the G2 or RedStar trigger,Looking for a trigger that is smooth and i can bump fire the hell out of.

More than likely, if it's a stamped AK, you'll want a single hook and if it's a milled AK, you'll want a double hook.  Just take a look at your current FCG, is it single hook? If so, get a single hook.  If you really want to install a double hook, you'll probably have to dremel out some of the bottom of the receiver to get it to fit in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top